In search of the "Swift"

Hey everyone, I was at a park a few weeks ago, and saw a guy flying a super fast little airplane. After he was done, I went to talk to him, and asked about his plane. He gave me the name of the web site where I can buy one, but I have forgotten that already, and didn't write it down to boot. I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who can help me locate the website and manufacturer of the plane...

I'm pretty sure the model name was "Swift." It was an electric prop plan, that used special batteries for the motor that are rather small. It had a wing span of about 2-3 feet. He noted that the model was made by a russian manufacturer. I realize that a lot of the details are vague, but it's all I can remember from the encounter.

If you can help, please reply with ideas to the group.

Thanks!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Sandor

Sounds like one of the hot liners from eastern block countries. There are lot of them being advertised and promoted. The workmanship is exceptional and with the latest LiPo packs they will get you adrenalin up.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Do you have any idea of a web that might get me in the right direction? Maybe a distributor of foreign planes? I've done just about every kind of Google search I can think of, and have come up with nothing.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Sandor

Just saw a "Swift" at my LHS yesterday. Looked like one of small those electric jobs that has the fuse hanging under the wings. Very similar to those ones that you could do combat with and then they beep or something. I could go back and get some more info on who the mfg is. Still interested ?

Reply to
Indo Ruwet

Yes please. That sounds like what I saw.

Reply to
Bob Sandor

OK, I'll go back and get all the info.

Reply to
Indo Ruwet

@bob_sandor: I went back and checked it out. You can see it at:

HTH.

Reply to
Indo Ruwet

Indo, I appreciate your effort. Unfortunately, that's not the plane I had seen. Now that I go back and read your description, you described it perfectly. I just didn't pick up on what you were saying. Again, thanks for the help.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Sandor

oops Sorry, wish it would have been the one you were looking for. Now you got me really wondering what you saw. We've got the name ok huh ?? Not just the shape yet !!!

IR

Reply to
Indo Ruwet