Opening a Samsonite suitcase combo?

Tips on how to get this old crate open without busting something?

Photos are here:

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

Not to flame you, but, take it to a qualified Locksmith & he'll find the combo for you.

You'll only damage it bt not knowing what you're fooling with. Then, it's the trash can for it!

We do not give out opening instructions on here. How do we know it's your case?

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:41:29 -0700, UPUHRS5437 wrote (in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m14.aol.com>):

With proper knowledge, I can open any lock. Care to help me with this one?

And you speak for...?

You don't. You have to decide if you are going to be helpful or just a control freak.

The internet (indeed, the world) is full of knowledge of every kind. It is freely available (I just wish this particular information was already available...), and the exchange of this information is protected by the US constitution. Laws exist to try to control individual's *actions*, what they might do with that information.

If this weren't my suitcase, local law restricts me from using any information I find to open it. *Not from obtaining the information itself*.

Now you can either be helpful or continue to be a control freak. Your choice.

Anyone who would like to help can contact me privately at the address below.

Reply to
DaveC

The cheapest way is to use what I call the "TV" method. While you're watching TV....

001 002 003 004 etc.
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Pretty much any reputable participant here.

Think about it what _if_ someone got access to your suitcase and came here to ask for information on how to open it without your knowledge. You be pretty ticked off if you found out someone here blindly gave him that information, wouldn't you?

After reading your response to Newnsie (a respected member of this group) I'm sorry I helped you as much as I did in my first post to your request.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

A catalog store company had an $80 suitcase for $5.00. It had been the display model and someone had changed the code from the default 000. After purchasing "as-is," I used the method Bob outlined here and had both sides open (set two different numbers) within a half hour. Pretty good find I'd say.

Reply to
C B George

This NG... Read the alt.locksmithing FAQ.

"Control freak" and a general concern for security are two different things.

That is a correct interpretation of the law. However, our refusal to help you doesn't stem from some obscure fear of the law, but from morals. We have to take into consideration the security of others. Giving defeat instructions for that case in this public forum takes some of that security away.

Reply to
Aegis

Ottawa Canada

Take the suitcase to any SAMSONITE dealer. They will probably open it free of charge.

Brian

DaveC ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) writes:

Reply to
Brian K.Lingard

OK - so just go get it.

Ohhh - so you weren't telling the truth above?

But nothing requires people to provide information to you. You seem to think that if they don't go out of their way to give you information you want (and can't find by yourself) then they are "control freaks."

You are right that local law doesn't prohibit you from obtaining the information - but the law doesn't require people to give you information on demand.

Let me get this right - you are saying that if I don't produce information upon your demand, that makes me a control freak?!!!

Wow!

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

Here is the news group FAQ. Now take your suit case to a real locksmith. More inserted.

Stormin Mormon

Hmm. Now he thinks that calling us names is going to help?

Hey, lets try it?

Attention idiot: Take your dumb suitcase to a locksmith, you system evading worm.

(did it work?)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yeah about as well as you trolling COLA, and that other half a dozen groups with your crap. Thanks for the new subjects to killfile.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 18:16:42 -0700, Brian K.Lingard wrote (in article <c9tr9q$2f2$ snipped-for-privacy@freenet9.carleton.ca>):

Called Samsonite customer service. They e-mailed me the instructions for opening (picking) the lock. Opened.

Reply to
DaveC