Process Control Short Course Nov 5 & 6

*** Practical Process Control ***
What: Hands-On Training for Engineers, Scientists and Techs
When: Nov. 5 & 6, 2003 (Wednesday and Thursday)
Where: University of Connecticut in Storrs
Who: Offered by the Process Control Consortium for those involved in
process research, design, development, production, operation,
modeling, simulation, instrumentation, and of course, control
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For more information and course registration, please visit:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Five Reasons to Attend:
1) Learn by doing as you test drive our proven methods for designing and
tuning controllers.
2) Gain new skills you can use immediately on your job to improve plant
profitability and safety.
3) Experience is the best teacher; gain real experience using our unique
case studies approach.
4) Learn to control parameters such as temperature, pressure, flow,
composition and level where the example processes have streams comprised of
gases, liquids, slurries and melts.
5) Money back guarantee! Attend the course for the first day and if you are
not completely satisfied, your registration fee will be cheerfully refunded.
To learn why hundreds of practitioners from 80 companies have already taken
advantage of this course and gained skills to benefit their company and
career, and to learn how you can use our materials for self paced learning
at your desk, please visit:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We begin this course by providing a firm foundation in the important
fundamentals of PID control. We then explore a host of advanced methods
popular in current industrial practice. For all topics, you will gain
hands-on experience in tuning controllers and testing algorithm performance
using Control Station's "Case Studies" training modules.
The course is designed for a mixed audience including those who have had
some training in the past and seek a refresher course, and those who have
not had much formal training but desire to learn more. The math is kept to a
minimum because we focus on applying methods rather than deriving them.
This course does not focus on how to use a software package. Rather, we
teach you methods that apply to any control analysis and tuning software you
may use.
Day 1:
- Process Data Collection and Analysis
- Modeling Process Dynamics for Controller Design
- Tuning PI, PID and PID w/ Filter Controllers
- Nonlinear Behavior and Adaptive Control
Day 2:
- Optimizing PID Performance for Industrial Applications
- Cascade Control Design and Tuning
- Feed Forward and Decoupling Control
- Model Based Smith Predictor for Dead Time Compensation
Attendees receive more than 300 pages of written materials detailing modern
methods and practices in process control, plus a fully functional copy of
Control Station so you can continue to learn and grow in a self-paced mode
for months after the course.
For questions, feel free to contact the course instructor:
Doug Cooper
Phone: (860) 486-4092
Email: snipped-for-privacy@controlstation.com
Bio: