Don't lit that stake yet

I'd like just to ASK if there is possibility to use regular , computer joystick to control R/C aircraft with the connection to standart radio transmiter. I'm in the buissnes of "flying" since Airwarrior and now , I realise , is a time to go real. Now ,thing is I'm too old for any changes and I really DO prefer to have throttle,flaps, etc., in "right" places. Tell me it is possible.

nynek

P.S. no offence

Reply to
nynek

| I'd like just to ASK if there is possibility to use regular , | computer joystick to control R/C aircraft with the connection to | standart radio transmiter. ... | Tell me it is possible.

It is possible.

However, it would require some electronics work. I'm not aware of anybody who sells ready made conversion kits, and if they did, it would probably be for a specific brand of joystick, not your preferred joystick.

... | P.S. | no offence

I'm not sure where any offense could be found in your question ...

Really, you're probably better off learning the standard R/C configuration. There's only two sticks to really worry about (flaps aren't used that much) so there's not much new to learn there.

(Perspective, you'll have plenty to learn there. But that's different.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

For all practical purposes, a typical 4-channel (two stick) radio operates like a PC throttle and joystick side by side. The right stick on the R/C radio is just like a PC joystick while the left stick is the throttle control and ground steering.

The left stick becomes more important after you've learned to fly your trainer, but by then you will be very comfortable with the controller.

I've been playing PC flight sims for a really long time and I just started flying R/C planes this spring. Picking up how to use the 2-stick radio was no problem.

Reply to
Ed Paasch