Duraplane pictures

and at

...for all you Duraplane fans out there :-)

Cheers - LeeH

Reply to
LeeH

Ah a thing of beauty as the T40 gracefully cuts through the air either on its way to a perfect three-point landing or another go around to amaze all the old field geezers with another display of its magical power as it performs amazing acrobatics.

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

There needs to be a "Lee Hopper Duraplane Crashing" and a "Lee Hopper Duraplane Flying Again" for a demonstration.

The survivabiltiy is the one thing that makes me want to build a SPAD sometime just so I can thrash it around and not buy a new ARF every week. My NexStar is getting a little tattered, not to mention the 4 "corn stalk dents" in the leading edge of the wings.

Reply to
Phillip Windell

Agree, the beauty of SPAD planes is the ability to take damage and bounce back. See my letter to the editor in this month's "R/C Report." Sadly to say, my Debonair met her maker a few weeks ago. But I salvaged the tail feathers, cut off another length of downspout, slapped on the wings from a PT-40 and now I have another semi-SPAD. But radio failure led to a bad crash on flight #6 but the PT-40 wings and tail feathers still survive. I've got to solve the radio problem first before I proceed with a replacement.

To summarize, a $9.00 SPAD is a far better training bird than a $99 to $150 ARF. The building time isn't much longer than the ARF since installing the radio, engine, servos, etc is the same fiddly stuff for both. With the lower cost investment the SPAD soon becomes the "no fear" plane of choice for the sport flyer. My gas Ryobi 31cc is going into a SPAD too.

Reply to
Marlowe

--------------------------------------------------- Nice plane and great photography!

Brian

Brian Morris

Marlowe:

Where are you finding 2.5" X 2.5" downspout? My SPAD buddies in the states can't find the stuff at the usual places (HD, Lowes, Menards, etc.).

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto