easy star

Im 3 months into my new hobby,and ive already lost count of the planes ive mashed :)) but have learnt an enormous amount about fixing building,and that great british art of the improvisation :) After about 3 months of crash crash,and yet more crashing,not to mention ,how many trees,ive climbed,or how many gallons of super glue ive used,ive at last managed to keep a plane in the air long enough for the battery to die,i cant tell you how happy this made me :) in fact i was so ecstatic,i went back to the model shop and brought 2 more,theyre dirt cheap. if your interested here is a pic of the wonder plane :)

Anyway after a lot of looking around,i decided the easy star was gonna be god for me too,so yesterday i went out and brought one,i had to buy the reciever,motor and all the rest of the stuff,so that it wil fly,i was a bit daunted,after never having built more than a house with lego as a kid.The instructions told me it would take about 2 hours,well i needed

5,bugger me all them wires! being colur blind didnt help.and as the propellor is mounted on the back,i couldnt work out why it was turning in the wrong direction :) anyway i figured it all out,now its standing on my modelling table,and lo and behold it all works!!! im as pleased as punch,and im already looking forward to building something a bit more challenging,i was thinking of miss europe,or one of those things from balsa,with all them hundreds of wing strut thingys.Anway,im gonna test the easy star tomorow,i wanted to go today ,but it was too windy,the forecast tommorow is good,so i will let you all know how i get on.If anyone has had any experience with the easy star,id love to hear your tales.If you dont hear from me in the next couple of days,please would somone send for the fire brigade,or the people who rescue cats,and rookie pilots from tree`s. Keith
Reply to
keith

I would like to hear your experience with the easy star (Is it from multiplex?)

Regards Kim

Reply to
KT

"KT" schreef in bericht news:d2s8gp$c7c$ snipped-for-privacy@gnd.k-net.dk...

Hi,

Have a look here :

And many other links thanks to Google.

Olivier

Reply to
tx2tx

"KT" wrote in news:d2s8gp$c7c$ snipped-for-privacy@gnd.k-net.dk:

I'd recommend it for a first plane. I have a friend who's learning to fly, so I've gotten some stick time on it. Very predictable, forgiving airplane; reasonably rugged. Power is adequate but another 20% would have been nice. Easy to assemble, although I concur with the other poster's gripe about the wires and I think the glued-in motor is a kludgey approach.

With the relatively low wing loading and gentle controls, it probably does *not* handle wind well (we haven't tried).

But the minor gripes notwithstanding, it's a good first plane for someone who's thinking of going electric.

- Mark

P.S. LiPo. Definitely LiPo.

Reply to
Mark Miller

Hi all As promised about the easy stars maiden flight,it was teriffic! the first flight only lasted about 3 secs,the battery was not forward enough,but my second try was just unbelievable!! i though the climb was a bit slow,but it has been a lovely warm day today in switzerland.i was amazed how high i got,i then turned the motor off,and then the magic happened,i thought if iturned the motor right down it would imediately lose its hight,but it sort of hung up there like it was glued to the sky,i guess this was my first thermal,i was amazed,all i had to do was flick the rudder gently to turn,i had the time of my life.I realise that you might think im exagerating but i timed the flight and i was up exactly 32 mins.the landing was a bit rough and i had to walk 50 yards,but it was the first time i took a plane home without any damage,im hooked i had so much fun:)) Keith

"KT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d2s8gp$c7c$ snipped-for-privacy@gnd.k-net.dk...

Reply to
keith

Hi Kim its a frantastic plane.well recomended for beginners,yesterday for the first time i found out what a thermal was,i was so high i turned the motor right down,and it just glided like it was stuck to the sky.All i had to do was tap the rudder for direction.A couple of negative little points,buy extra wire,cos the wire from the motor to the ESC is not long enough.I also found it was a bit weak in the climb,but once it had reached its hight,it was awsome.ive been in this hobby just a few months,but yesterday was just great.if you have the spare cash,go and buy one,you wont be dissapointed i promise.let me know how you get on.yes it is from multiplex all my best Keith "KT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d2s8gp$c7c$ snipped-for-privacy@gnd.k-net.dk...

Reply to
keith

Well, I see no other way than to order the EasyStar a.s.a.p. :-)

I have not heard any bad comments on this plane.

Here is another god page:

Regards Kim Thomsen Denmark

Reply to
KT