Glow Plug Recognition

I have mixed up some new 2st. and 4st. glow plugs, how do I tell them apart ? Matt S.

Reply to
Matt S.

You can't always tell. But, many 4-stroke plugs have an extended tip. If you see that the plug length extends beyond the threads, then you are looking at a "hot" plug commonly used in 4-strokes. However, not all hot plugs have extended tips. The Enya #3 is a good example of a plug commonly used on 4-strokes which doesn't have the tip extending into the combustion chamber.

Jim - AMA 501383 (remove NOSPAM to reply)

Matt S. wrote:

Reply to
James D Jones

Do the plugs not have any markings on them: A3, F4 ect?

Reply to
Dirtnap

Doesn't that p*ss you off? The O.S. plugs I buy now are more expensive, but they work GREAT and are marked.

I don't know why other manufacturers don't mark theirs....

Good flying, Bob Scott

Reply to
Bob

What brand are they? Different brands may look different.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh