Who makes a good 35mhz scanner (New club in North Notts)

We need to buy a scanner, but which one? I know of 1only scanner from mainlink and 1only from SM Services. Is that it? and if so is there anything to choose between them.

regards Gromit

Reply to
Gromit

In article , Gromit writes

The SM one is good. We use it.

Reply to
Richard Crapp

If you fancy a little soldering, there is a thread on how to take a junk portable radio and a junk hitech feather receiver and turn them into a one channel scanner, in the Ezone in the DIY electronics forum.

Usng a poor rx has the advantage that it is susceptible to the same forms of interference that a real reciever would be: Scanners are often rather TOO good at picking up ONLY what they are tuned to.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher