IRVINE 53

IRVINE 53. That is one sweet running engine. I don't know if other IRVINE engines run like mine but this is the easiest starting engine I have ever owned. I have owned , Enya, Super Tiger, OS and Fox. I am not saying the other engines I have owned were not good engines. What I am saying is so far the Irvine is my favorite.

New out of the box the Irvine started real easy but it didn't want to idle. After running 3 tanks (10 ounce tank) it would idle so slow I thought it was going to quit any second but it did not stop. The transition from idle to full throttle is smooth. I made no adjustments to the low speed screw. The factory setting seem to work perfect. So I put the engine in a 40 size trainer and flew it six times today. It performed flawlessly. When I start the engine, I first put my finger over the carburetor and turn the prop 3 turns to prime the engine. I then connect the glow plug. This engine will then start most of the time with just one flip of the prop. I have not had to use my electric starter. Like I already said this is the easiest starting engine I have ever owned.

If this Irvine 53 continues to perform like it has so far I will definitely buy another one.

Do any of you that have IRVINE engines find that they perform really well like mine has so far?

Reply to
James

I've got 4 Irvines... a Q40, 2 .53s and a .36. They're all the same... never ever stop 'til they run out of fuel, throttle like a dream and pull like a horse... Everyone elses that I've seen are also just the same.

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

How about the .46? I have one NIB and was thinking of using it on a AeroWorks Edge 540.

Reply to
DANNYSPEED

I had an Irvine .53 about a year ago and had to sell it to get money for other things. I would not hesitate to buy another, in fact if I need a .46 sized engine in the future, the Irvine .53 is exactly what I would get again. It weighs about the same as the OS46fx (roughly) and maybe less when you put on the Tower Hobbies muffler as I did. I never ran the original muffler but with the Tower one it would turn 13,500 rpms using an APC

12.25x3.75 prop which by the way I think is the BEST prop for this engine, at least for aerobatics.

The only problem I ever had was mine would not shut off when I closed the throttle. I know it had to be sucking air somewhere but never found out where. I siliconed around the carb base but to no avail.........either way, it never once bothered me.....it in fact instilled confidence that the damn thing just would not quit! That is what I want to know if I am torque rolling with my tail in the grass

I miss my Irvine, I want another one........just to look at until I can put it into something

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance

I have recently put an IRVINE .46 into my TT trainer. I ran 2 tanks thru it on the ground then tuned it to peak with its nose up and flew it today. It goes from idle to full throttle as smooth as you like, gets me airborne in a short distance (which is what I wanted as our strip is a bit rough) and it only cuts when I want it to, plus it looks good too. Its better than the SC.40 I used to run. I will buy IRVINE again.

Andy.

Reply to
andrew staples