Looking for cycler for less than about $90.00

I am looking for a battery cycler/charger that will do at least 5 Nicad cells and Nimh also, would like to keep the price to something under $90.00 or so if possible, any suggestions??

Thanks,

flierbk

Reply to
Flierbk

On 4/10/2004 2:36 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

Take a look at the Astroflight 110. It is about $110, BUT, it will do

24 NiMH or NiCd. I have one and I think it is great. The charger picks the number of cells automatically, you just decide how fast you want to charge them and dial it in.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

| On 4/10/2004 2:36 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these | great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge: | | Take a look at the Astroflight 110. It is about $110, BUT, it will do | 24 NiMH or NiCd.

It won't cycle, however. It's only a charger.

I'm really fond of my GP Triton, but at $130 it's outside of your range. But it'll do it all, and the only way you're likely to outgrow it is if you wanted two of them :)

should fit your requirements, but I have no experience with it.

| > I am looking for a battery cycler/charger that will do at least 5 | > Nicad cells and Nimh also, would like to keep the price to | > something under $90.00 or so if possible, any suggestions??

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Go to Tower hobbies and look at the hobbico quick field charger Mark II (

). I know it doesn't cycle, but for $50 it charges nicad, nmh, and lithium polymer! or you can get the hobbico cycler that does both nicad and nimh for $65
)

Reply to
jeboba

It doesn't charge Lithium Polymer batteries. Sorry..

Reply to
Joe D.

Hmmm, mine does.

remove my-wife to reply :-)

Reply to
Icrashrc

Joe,

The Hobbico quick field charger Mark II (

) most certainly does!!! --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

On 4/10/2004 6:33 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

It is also a discharger. The only thing a cycler does is to discharge and then charge automatically. This way you can decide if you want to leave the batteries discharged, such as for long term storage.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

| On 4/10/2004 6:33 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these | great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge: | | It is also a discharger.

What is? The Astroflight 110?

The Astroflight 110D only discharges your 12v battery that powers it.

The Astroflight 110 Deluxe will charge and discharge.

(Was there ever an `Astroflight 110' without a D or Deluxe? Was that the version before it could do NiMHs?)

Obviously you must be referring to the Deluxe.

| The only thing a cycler does is to discharge and then charge | automatically.

Or charge and discharge. And a decent one will tell you how many mAh were put in and taken out.

| > | Take a look at the Astroflight 110. It is about $110, BUT, it will do | > | 24 NiMH or NiCd.

Still, if you're going to spend that much, I'd suggest $20 more and get the Triton. Then you can do Li-polys too.

And where can you get it for $110? Cheapest I can find is $120.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

On 4/11/2004 1:02 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

I had to go look. It is the 110 Deluxe. I got mine at MEC

Their price list still says $110.00

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Excuse me! Of course it does. I have one! Go back and read again! Be sure you are looking at the hobbico quck field charger MARK II.

Reply to
jeboba

Here is a direct cut and paste from the Tower Site! This is the Hobbico 12 Volt DC Quick Field Charger MkII. Two ports with completely independent circuitry allow for one pack to be powered up by itself, or two at once. Recharges, NiCds, NiMH packs, even Lithium-ion batteries on either side

Reply to
jeboba

I don't recall my Astro 110D having any sort of discharge setting. It was charge only!

Reply to
jeboba

Looks like the new and improved Astro 110D does do discharging. I had the older model which did not.

Reply to
jeboba