charger/cycler

Hi, I am looking for advice on what charger/cycler to buy. It will be used primarily for Tx & Rx battery packs with Futaba connections, it needs to have lcd display for mAh for judging the pack condition. Thanks. Andy.

Reply to
Andy

| I am looking for advice on what charger/cycler to buy. It will be used | primarily for Tx & Rx battery packs with Futaba connections, it needs to | have lcd display for mAh for judging the pack condition.

I'm very fond of my Great Planes Triton charger. It does a lot more than what you need it to do, but that also means you're not so likely to outgrow it soon. Cost = $130.

As for the connections, don't worry about them. Premade cables can be bought for most chargers, and they're not hard to make yourself.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

On 3/5/2004 5:42 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

Another good charger/cycler is the Accu-Cycle. I have one and it has always done a good job for me. If you do get one, get the regular Accu-Cycle - it does NiCad and NiMH (about $70 at Tower). It is not (as far as I know) a "peak" charger, but does go into a "trickle charge" mode once the charging is done. The other one, Accu-Cycle Plus only does NiCad.

You will need to provide charge leads - a set runs about $8 - $9 premade with bannana jacks installed.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Andy...

In the past few years, cycling has lost a lot of the importance that used to be placed on it, and as I mentioned in my earlier email to you, you rarely need to cycle, and then only to determine if a pack is still in range...

Get a charger/cycler that you can grow with... You may get into electrics later or have nicads with several different voltages and mah capacities... I use the FMA Nova 250, but if I was gonna get a new charger today, I'd have to go with the GP "Triton".. I think it'll give you the most bang for your buck... See

for details.

Cheers,

Bill

Reply to