Tower Hobbies Brand vs. Futaba

I'm looking to replace some old transmitter Attack4 battery packs and noticed a huge price difference between the store brand and futaba.
Albeit I did notice they increased the Futaba brand to 600mA but is it really worth paying 15dollars more for Futaba when I could get two store brand transmitter batteries for the same price? Advice appreciated.
Rob
Don't pay extra for the Futaba brand. The others will work just fine. While you're at it though, you should go on ebay and look for 1100 mA packs for the same or less.

What do the higher mA packs offer over the original 500 mA that it came with? It's safe to use these in my Attack4?

| Don't pay extra for the Futaba brand. The others will work just fine.
Actually, I believe that the Tower Hobbies brand equipment is just rebadged Futaba stuff -- as far as I know, it's identical.
As for a 500 mAh battery pack vs. a 600 mAh battery pack, the larger one will get you a little bit more flying time between charges -- perhaps 20% more. If you're worried about it, buy or make (they're not hard or expensive to make) a new pack with better batteries.
Do NOT buy your battery packs from Tower. Buy them from radicalrc.com, batteriesamera.com or your local Batteries Plus. Or make them yourself (if you know how.) You'll save a lot of money.
| While you're at it though, you should go on ebay and look for 1100 | mA packs for the same or less.
Or you could get one made with 1800-2300 mAh NiMH cells for a similar price. The downside is that it'll take a looong time to charge if you don't have a fast charger. Of course, you won't normally be charging from nothing, but still ...
"I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you." -Anon.
On Sun, 16 May 2004 06:18:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@frenzy.com (Doug McLaren) wrote:

<SNIP>
The only direct comparisons I ever made vis a vis Tower brand was with their old TS-72 giant scale servos. Those things were _really_ sensitive to shock, as documented by Fred Herrman over in Huntspatch. No stress relief on the relatively large driver transistors, resulting in cracked solder joints.
I dropped a NIB TS-72 about two feet onto the bench once, and it promptly died.
Opened it up, and the solder joints on the output drivers were cracked. I had a dozen of the things I'd bought when Tower put them on sale at a ridiculously low price, and summarily tossed the lot.
The circuit boards were marked "HS-700", which was a HiTec servo.
FWIW. Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust home.mindspring.com/~the-plumber
Thank you for the tips guys, I appreciate it.
On Sun, 16 May 2004 14:53:56 GMT, Fred McClellan

I've had good luck with their stuff. The TSS-10 servos work fine for me and their receiver/transmitter were just fine for must anything I wanted to do. Bill Kolofa

Advice ?
You're buying batteries at the wrong place.
Try www.batteriesamerica.com
Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust home.mindspring.com/~the-plumber
On Sun, 16 May 2004 01:43:44 GMT, Fred McClellan
Thanks for the tip.

Check out radicalrc.com.
John VB