battery exchange?

I seem to recall that Airtronics had a program whereby a dead Airtronics battery could be exchanged for a new one. Is this still in effect? If so, how does one go about the exchange? Thanks.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn Matteson

strathboy

Reply to
Vance Howard

One of the guys in our club had a coupon where you could get batteries from them for a very low price; but that was at least 6 months ago.

Carrell

strathboy wrote:

Reply to
Carrell

I just talked with the Airtronics rep (who belongs to my old flying club in Woodland/Davis, CA) and he told me that Airtronics will exchange batteries from Airtronics equipment for half-price. So in effect, I answered my own question, but thanks to all who participated.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn Matteson

| I just talked with the Airtronics rep (who belongs to my old flying | club in Woodland/Davis, CA) and he told me that Airtronics will | exchange batteries from Airtronics equipment for half-price. So in | effect, I answered my own question, but thanks to all who | participated.

Not a bad deal ...

Of course, the markup on battery packs from the manufacturer is *huge*

-- if you know how to solder battery packs, you can buy three 900 mAh

4 cell AA packs from Wal-Mart (in the solar light section. Home Depot is good too, but they seem to have only 800 mAh cells) for $5.17 and replace your transmitter and receiver packs for about $18 total. If you buy Airtronic's brand, it's $18 + $35, or $53 total -- and that's for only 600 mAh cells rather than 900 mAh cells.

(If you do this, be sure to recycle your old cells at Home Depot or Radio Shack -- putting NiCd's in the trash is bad.)

I've also heard that Airtronics will give you a 50% discount on stuff if you're active duty military. (I'm not, so I don't know the specifics.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren