Battery Identification

I have some cells that have no identifying marks on them. They have yellow shrink wrap on each cell. I have even cut the shrink wrap off one of the cells to see if there are any markings on the battery case but there is not. Any idea how I can identify the cell? I am mainly looking to know if they are NiCad or NiMh. I figure I can get capacity by cycling them a couple times. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JJ

Reply to
JJ

What size are the cells, AA, AAA, Sub-C? NiMh should have a considerably higher capacity than an equal size Nicad, and I believe they weigh less as well. If it's a AA, and you are getting over a 1000mah, than it's most likely a NiMh.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

They are AA size and I have cycled them 5 times with my Dymond Super Turbo Charger getting a capacity of exactly 700mah each time. I suppose that means they are most likely NiCad's, right?

Reply to
JJ

From that I would guess the same thing. I would think that if you are getting exactly 700, they are either new 600mah Nicad Cells or old 700mah Nicad Cells. When I cycle batteries on my Accucycler I usually get 50-80mah higher than the rating on the cell.

Reply to