shaper identification

I am trying to id a shaper that I recently purchased. I can not find any identifying marks on the machine. Today I have posted a txt file called shaper and several pics to the dropbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance. Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Baugher

how long does it take for files to show up? i just searched (6PM EST) and didn't see it.

andy b.

Reply to
hamrdog

Usually takes 3 or 4 minutes. Anyway, since the only files posted today* are some like

I conclude they aren't there.

-jiw

*based on search for text "12/29" in
James Waldby

Files are loaded. Yesterday I used the dropbox for the first time so apparently I didn't get the procedure quite right. Look for the shaper.txt file to see a listing of the pics and explanation.

Thanks Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Baugher

snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net (hamrdog) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@usenet.ptd.net:

The files are in there. The base makes me believe its a Sheldon? Here are pics of Jim Riser's Sheldon, but your machine does not look as elaborate....

Marty Escarcega

I believe Marty is on the right track. My understanding is Vernon was at some point bought by Sheldon. I think that is a Vernon:

(You might have to register with Yahoo to see these pics)

Yours looks like a bit earlier version with some minor differences in the cabinet etc.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Streff

Dick Streff wrote in news:KfhIb.31916$PK3.26091@okepread01:

Yup, that looks like it. Dang nice machines. If I had the rooom I'd look for one. If a 12" Vernon/Sheldon showed up in the Phoenix, AZ area, I might well MAKE room for it!

Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

I tried to follow the two links but I received error messages. I tried again after joining the group and still couldn't acess the link. I was able to see the other pics on the group.

So the shaper may be a Vernon? Is there any additional info out there about this machine?

I suppose now that I have joined the shaper group I will post additional questions there concerning this machine.

Thanks to all who have replied.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Baugher