Shaper identification

I have just recently aquired a small shaper (8" stroke) and have been so far unable to find any information on it. A picture of it can be found at

Only markings on it are "sTs" found on side cover plate no other details I can find on it . features : 8" stroke, 2 speed gearing built into the drive for the bull gear, drive clutch plus other normal features of a shaper. I am hoping to find out the manufacturer and if possible a manual for it. Appreciate any help in identifying it. the machine is pretty good order and only requires a few minor fixes.

Newbie workshop machinist. Mal

Reply to
Malcolm Watts

Looking through my collection of pictures it appears similar to the Royal, Alba, and Douglas, but not identical in detail to any of them.

You could try asking on the Yahoo Metal_Shapers list.

Reply to
Neil Barnes

I have heard mention of, but never seen, an 8" Royal. If there were one it would be similar to this. It looks very similar to my 10" Royal.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand