Bench mill pics' up

I've just posted pics of a Brismill horizontal bench mill at the DropBox.

and was hoping to find some info on it's manufacturer or that of any
similar machine from the U.K. or U.S.A.
This one came from a closing-down toolmakers in Sydney, Australia
and going by the name, may have been built in Brisbane, capital city of
Queensland, Aus.
I'll get some better pics up on my site soon, if that'll help.
Regards,
Greg N.
Reply to
G&G
Given the transport costs associated with machine tools and the distances from the rest of the Commonwealth and Oz, I'd lean heavily towards that mill being a licensed copy of either an English or American product, built locally. Dunno which one, though.
I know for sure that South Bend lathes were licensed to Hercus in Australia, and Boxford in England. Quite probable that that is the case, IMO.
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
Trevor Jones
Yes, thanks Trevor.
I had the same thoughts, although of course it is possible that it's a uniquely Oz model, loosely based on a full size machine. Hopefully, someone who has a similar mill will chime in now.
Greg.
Reply to
G&G
Greg, if you're still about drop me an email and we can trade some photos. Atb Sam.
Reply to
hwcf
Greg, if you're still about drop me an email and we can trade some photos. Atb Sam.
Reply to
hwcf
Hi there from Melbourne. If you still have a Brismill bench mill please let me know. Yes it's 2 years after you posted. I have one that I got 40 years back and currently overhauling regards David
Reply to
iNotaRobot
Hi there from Melbourne. If you still have a Brismill bench mill please let me know. Yes it's 2 years after you posted. I have one that I got 40 years back and currently overhauling regards David
Reply to
iNotaRobot
be too many of these around the place, it would be nice to see a picture of another to compare it with my machine. Regards John
Reply to
JB
I live in Adelaide and also have a Brismill bench mill. There doesn't appear to be too many of these around the place, it would be nice to see a picture of another to compare it with my machine. Regards John
Reply to
JB