Pup pics posted

Damn but its hard to get pictures of 5 rampaging pups. They are far too smart and active to try to corral for more than a few minutes.

There are 2 males..the two smallest ones..3 females. The black one and the mostly white one are the two biggest females..first born as well. Oddly enough..the 2 males are mostly weaned already.

All are eating dry dog food, found one on her back asleep in the feeder..all 4 feet in the air and out cold...when I woke her up..she opened one eye when I picked her up, snuggled and went right back to sleep. 20 minutes later..she was chasing a cat..and then being chased by the cat...both having a really good time.

Need better pictures drop me an email

They will be ready in about 2 weeks. Several of them can go now..but I like to adopt out after 8 weeks

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The gray and white pup looks like he's related to the cat!

Reply to
Shall not be infringed

Which gray and white pup? There are 3 of them

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

They are HUGE! How much bigger than mama will they get?

Reply to
Buerste

Great pictures Gunner. There is nothing cuter than puppies, kittens and babies. It is too bad the kittens become cats and the babies teenagers. Why couldn't they grow up into something useful like a DOG?

DL

Reply to
TwoGuns

They wont get much bigger than momma, based on the 60 or so pups she has produced so far. Of which, every one of them got a good home, some to people here. Woodie..the dog standing on the table is about as big as they will get. He is now just at 3 yrs of age so ...shrug

The pups are eating very very well, both from the bowl and still sucking on momma so they have bulked up nicely. She used to drop litters of

8-10, last litter was 7..this litter is 5, so she has lots of spare nipples to go around and feed them well.

Can I interest you in a dog? Be your companion, your buddy, your best friend. They ride in vehicles well, will sleep near your feet, cuddle up in bed and watch out for you like tigers. The black female would be your cup of tea, she is already playing fetch with toys She is gonna be smart!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

What mix of breeds do you have? It looks like Bernese mountain dog, Border Collie or Austrailian Shepherd mixed in there somehow. 57 varieties?

We have a Husky Lab mix that everyone says looks like a white German Shepherd.

Reply to
Denis G.

The dander would kill Pat. I have a mini-schnauzer, she's 16 now and failing. so I AM looking for a replacement soon but she must not be fur-bearing. I'd take two if it were up to me, two dogs are half the work of one.

Reply to
Buerste

Great pictures Gunner. There is nothing cuter than puppies, kittens and babies. It is too bad the kittens become cats and the babies teenagers. Why couldn't they grow up into something useful like a DOG?

DL

I HAVE to stick up for cats! I have two at the shop and they WORK for their Friskies!

Reply to
Buerste

Actually...Aussies dont have much dander. Check it out..run Google and see if they are very allegenic

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

As noted..Ive got probably 10-15 around the property..with at least 5 in the house. They and dogs each have their own attractions.

Anyone need half grown kittens? Ive got 3 that are very well behaved. And a bunch of half wild outside mousers

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Dad is a medium sized Golden Retriever, mom is a pedigreed Austrailian Shepherd.

Between the breeds..they turn out Excellent dogs as a hybrid. Some of them will lean towards Golden personalities, some will lean towards Aussie personalities, but all have a nice mixture of both. Woodie thinks he is a Golden. Sandy..my other truck dog..is far more towards the Aussie side, but has the loving personality of a Golden, but is more individual oriented. She loves me, likes everyone else, but will sit off to the side out of the way. Woodie is right smack in the middle of everyone. When I get up and move..Sandy is right behind me. Woodie will watch me out of the corner of his eye and if I leave ..say outside..he will leave the group and follow..but if he can see me..he will socialize.

They both sleep on the bed, Sandy is a cuddler and very quiet and still. Woodie will get up when he hears others moving in the house. Sandy gets up when I get up.

Occasionally I have to leave them home and they tranfer the same behavior to my wife.

I was in a autoparts store a while back and of course I leave the truck windows down. The two dogs have their own space in the crew cab behind the front seats. Saw a couple kids walk by the truck, stop..see the open windows..and walk over and start to reach in. Both dogs raised up their heads...Woody simply stared...Sandy showed some teeth. Neither barked, or carried on..simply gave that warning..Id be surprised if Woody even growled..Sandy does..very quietly........ and as the kids scattered and ran..simply put their heads back down, with Sandy watching the kids scatter, making sure they didnt come back.

Now if Id been there...the kids could have reached in and petted both of them..but the dogs would have looked at me first to make sure it was ok then delighted in the attention.

They are VERY intelligent.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

They undoubtedly leave only a small space for humans. Boy, do they OWN you!

I won't let the dog in bed very often, that 15lbs of dog will take up most of a queen size bed, I don't know how she can sprawl out that much or so strategically.

Maggie sleeps right through the two cleaning ladies tearing the house up with vacuums, floor scrubbers and even getting lifted off the couch to clean it. BUT, she can hear the rustle of a bag of snacks from another room.

Reply to
Buerste

Sadly, no dander can be tolerated. That's why I posted a request for ideas to pressurize the office with clean filtered air. Pat's eyes will swell up so bad they close. The cats are forbidden in the front office.

Reply to
Buerste

My parents had a mini-schnauzer because they are supposed to be good with kids and my parents had 2 young grand-children. I must say that she lived up to that expectation.

We used to have another mixed dog before that was part spaniel and had much more personality, but also bit a few times; but I still like her better.

Reply to
Jessica Wabbit

Thats one of the reasons I have a BIG Califonria King sized bed. 8'x8'

There are often 4, 50 lb dogs curled or cuddled up there along with me and the lady of the moment. Along with a cat or two.

Never need a heater...

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"The lady of the moment"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Clearly you need nametags to keep your "lady of the moment" differentiated from your dogs.

rrrrrrruff !

Reply to
Deep Dudu

My parents had a mini-schnauzer because they are supposed to be good with kids and my parents had 2 young grand-children. I must say that she lived up to that expectation.

We used to have another mixed dog before that was part spaniel and had much more personality, but also bit a few times; but I still like her better.

******************************************** They are usually pretty yappy but I've been very lucky with my two. The male died last year at 16 and the female changed her personality a bit without her Alpha around. But I would get another in a heartbeat...or lack thereof.
Reply to
Buerste

Three dog night? Or, four...

Reply to
Buerste

My parent's dog lived pretty old also, but at the end she became totally senile and would pee and shit in the house. She just couldn't remember what to do anymore.

My favorite breed are Dobermans. Watching them is like watching a Thoroughbred horse and most have a really nice disposition.

Reply to
Jessica Wabbit