Tag teamin' kittens

Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and nine baby kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen before. They put their litters together in a real nice spot in the corner of the barn. Then they take turns nursing the combined litters and hunting.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

That's amazing! What is the disposition of the babies? I wish I was closer, my girls could use some company.

Reply to
Buerste

On Sun, 24 May 2009 05:54:36 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend" scrawled the following:

I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it...

Yes I am.

GOT BURLAP?

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You ass , cats on a farm are a GOOD THING. They keep the rodent population down . Or would you rather eat grain and produce that's contaminated with rat pee ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

The cats are my better half's thing. I'm not going to ask her to choose between cats and me. I do tease her about her future though. Every so often you hear about a senile old lady with 100 cats in the house. I figure about

25 years till she makes headlines.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Right now, they are just cuddly little fur balls, only two weeks old. Personalities soon emerge though. My wife is a PKT (Professional Kitten Tamer). its her job to tame all kittens so we can give them away. You wouldn't believe the number of cats that people said were wild and untouchable that she walked right up to. She met her match with "Wild Thing". That cat was hissing and biting from day one. It will take a piece of smoked mackerel out of your hand but then immediately runs away. OTOH, we have one named Socks that wants to be petted more than any dog.

BTW, all the cat names have meaning, "Wild Thing" won't be tamed. Cally Dee is the fourth calico (Cally, Cally Bee, Cally Cee). Guess why we have an Orange Ena. I don't have time to write all the variations of Tiger.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

The food inspector came once and seen all the cats in the back of the barn. She has no authority over that area (Dept. of Agriculture) but said something about being sure to never let a cat in the sales room. I said, "those are working cats, they kill all the vermin. Which would you rather have?" She did NOT appreciate the point to say the least.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

No..but Ive got bullets. In a box marked For Use Only On Cat Haters.

Big ones. Nice and blunt with a big hole in the front..

Want a couple?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 24 May 2009 07:37:49 -0500, the infamous "Terry Coombs" scrawled the following:

Unchecked littering and rampant feral populations are -not- good things, snag.

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Rampant feral cat population isn't a problem in MN.

Reply to
Don Foreman

What would you name my two? They are sisters, black, green eyes and a small patch of white on their chests. When we got them at the pound, their plastic collars had a number and "A" and "B" and somebody wrote "Ava" and "Bessa". after tossing away a few ideas like "Scratch" and "Sniff", we just kept "Ava" and "Bessa". They actually respond to their names!

Reply to
Buerste

And exactly what did Karl say to give you the idea this was unchecked littering of a feral population ? While I didn't get the impression that these were house pets , I also got the idea that they were not feral . Karl mentioned somewhere that his wife has taken on the job of making sure these cats are comfortable with humans . His exact words : "My wife is a PKT (Professional Kitten Tamer). Its her job to tame all kittens so we can give them away." . Now the cats my neighbor feeds WOULD qualify as feral , IMO . Scraggly , unapproachable by humans , and they roam loose in the neighborhood getting into trash cans .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

On Mon, 25 May 2009 00:59:28 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman scrawled the following:

So, you admit to the rampant feral cat population but not to it being a problem? ;)

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 25 May 2009 05:55:19 -0500, the infamous "Terry Coombs" scrawled the following:

As soon as all the males in that new population get old enough to hump something, they'll be creating their own new populations with whatever un-neutered and feral cats that are within range. It's what he didn't say. And the fact that both his cats got pregnant at the same time indicates that he's never neutered his pets.

When I'm king, pets (aka "slaves") will be outlawed. I've seen far too much abuse by the vast majority of pet owners and experienced losses to the feral populations of dogs and cats to like any of it. Gunner and Karl are probably good pet owners, but neither has kept their populations in check. To me, that's shameful and saddening.

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I can see that your reading comprehension isn't the best , you refuse to understand the information in front of you . Unfortunately , this condition is all too prevalent in the population . Perhaps you should discard some preconceived ideas , and make room for facts to filter in ..."Knowing a thing is the surest bar to learning" . And this will be my last comment to you - enjoy your stay in my bozobin with TMT and that other troll .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Winter likely cures it just like in northern michigan.

Wes

Wes

Sounds like they are smart enough to keep as house pets.

Good job

Gunner

Gunner Asch

In check? I INTENTIONALLY breed companion animals for others.

Generally I have a 90% adoption want list, before I ever let them boink

AS far as cats go...they keep winding up at my house. This week, the ex went outside to check the mail..and found a big box on the front porch. Inside was a very nice and tame momma kitty and 5 kittens (albeit hot and thirsty) and a note "moving back to Mexico, cannot take the kitties" all done in a neat mexican script.

Ill take the kittens to LA in a month and try to adopt them out.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

They really are good cats. They're very affectionate and I often end up wearing a "Kitty Stole", with the motor running, while sitting at my desk. It's hard to believe their bloodlust. Roger calls them "Alpha" and "Bravo". Can't take them home, they have work to do...and an old dog rules the house.

Reply to
Buerste

There are as many good homes as there are critters, it's about putting them together.

Reply to
Buerste