Shop cats update

No, No, No, you've got it all wrong. It's the *cats* that are lucky....

But then wait.... It is, in fact, our privilege to serve them. So I guess Tom *is* lucky!

But wait... No, it's the g-d Vet who's *really* lucky.

No wait... It's the Vet's *kids* who are really lucky, as all 11 of them are, I believe, in Ivy League schools... Vet, spay thyself.... :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

It's so hot and humid lately that it's normal to see the two black cats draped atop a pallet of finished goods, they like the high ground. I walk by and casually stroke a kitty belly and receive a purr of love and satisfaction. Hey! Wait a minute...you're not one of my cats! It seems word got out that kitty-Disneyland was the place to be. Nope...I'm not adopting your sorry kitty butt, feeding your ass or taking you to the vet for hundreds of bucks worth of kitty maintenance and plumbing. You're outa' here! Well, you don't eat all THAT much. You better get along with the Schnauzers when they come to visit. Shit!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom,

The only reason she came was because she thought that it would be a good place to have her kittens.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Years ago, I was sitting in the ez chair after a long day at work when this cat started pounding on the screen door.

Since I'd never seen that cat I thought it was a bit bold but I took pity on it since it looked like it was a few meals short of a full belly.

Well, I figured something to eat wouldn't hurt so I let it in and the cat made a straight line for the kitchen. After the cat had its fill it came over to me and decided that she wanted to cuddle. (that is when I figured it was a she). I was a bit suprized that this cat liked me since I'm a dog man.

Anyway, I sat there in the chair, petting the cat, when my wife made it home. I told her about how the cat was knocking on the door like she expected to be let in and how I took pitty on the bag of bones.

Then my wife told me that this cat has been sleeping in my car most nights and she has been feeding her. Every morning my wife was going out and letting the cat out of my car so I wouldn't notice. Women can be sneeky.

Since we already had a dog and two cats, my wife didn't think I'd be cool about another pet.

Oh well, in the hour or so that it took for my wife to get home, Bootsie and I had bonded. I think the cat had gotten used to me from sleeping in my car.

Wes

Wes

Reply to
Wes

We must have a sign on our farm inviting all wayward cats. Milady now buys four 50# bags of cat food at a time from the farm discount feed store. I think the current count is twelve, not real sure, some of the Toms only stop by to visit.

My SO just took one to the vet Monday because it was trying to pee too often and "didn't look right". Cost $90. But you should see my wife when a previously pregnant cat shows up for dinner skinny. She stalks the new momma until the hidden kitten spot is found. Milady is then the official PKT (professional kitten tamer). I know better than to ask her to choose between the cat herd and me - I'd be out in the cold.

All kids that look even remotely interested get a chance to pet a kitten when they come to the farm market. Now, the first question we normally hear is, "where are your kittens?"

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 05:03:11 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:

--snippage--

Hah! Bonded, hell. That look she's giving you is "Hey, don't bother me. I'm HUNTING!"

You guys and your herds of aminals, I swear...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wes,

What are the chances of two cats called Boots?

I have a similar story. While building the house we lived in a trailer park. This cat came around. I feed it and it won't leave. So I thought, what the heck, might as well put you to work. I took her up to the house and let her loose on the mice. She's been with us for nearly 10 years now. I named her Boots because she has white feet.

Aminals is the nicest peoples!

If this thread goes on, I'm going to have to post a picture of the little black waif that appeared at my back door 10-12 years ago. He's fondly known as the Black Plague because you can't get him off your lap when he decides he likes it there.

Oh, and because my wife gets really ticked at him for sitting in her place at the table, I swear to God he knows he can get to her and does it purposely. :)

Reply to
John Husvar

In my rather limited experience, all overtly friendly cats have been male. And most shy cats female.

Our neighbors had a cat, "Molly", who seemed to be an exception. I said to them that Molly was the first female cat that I'd seen who was so friendly. Well, it turned out that Molly was a male but had been named "Molly" because of some early confusion about his sex. So the rule held.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I would guess that 99% of all cats with white paws are named Boots.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:05:23 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, John Husvar quickly quoth:

Animals are a way for people to stop from looking at themselves. Have you ever known a person who was comfortable with themselves? They don't "own" pets, do they? Those who can be alone without needing another human (or by proxy, animal) or anything external to keep them happy are healthy human beings. Learn it, folks! I had that concept burned into me by early years in AA; to learn to love yourself, to accept where you are and how/who you are--even though you may soon change it. It's a great life lesson.

I consider pet ownership (or, in the case of cats, vice versa) a travesty. When I'm king, nobody will own pets and no pet factories will be in existence.

If you're bored, go machine something fer chrissakes.

Hah, my sister had a little black waif cat like that when I was a kid. He was blind and had brain problems. Once he found a nice, warm spot on a lap, he clung like superglue to it. You'd simply have to just stand up, do what you were going to do, and sit back down with him still clinging to you. Smart folks learned to pull their pants/dress away from their legs before doing so. Y'know, so the little ball of razorblades didn't puncture you too badly that time.

Cats are like that. Yeah they are.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sign: WILL WELD FOR CAT FOOD

Reply to
SteveB

This is, to put it mildly, a very skewed view of pet ownership (and interpersonal relationships). I can be quite happy by myself, and spend significant amounts of very happy time with no company other than various cars and trucks that need repair. That doesn't keep me from also enjoying my time with family and friends, and also with my blonde (technically golden, but she's the blondest girl I've ever known) retriever. Yes, healthy human beings can be happy all by themselves -- but they can also be happy with others.

I'll note that pet factories are another matter -- they are indeed wrong, and should be abolished. As should selling dogs and cats in pet stores.

Throwing a ball for my dog to retrieve has nothing to do with relieving boredom.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

It's the "Advantage" that's the killer at $50/month for two cats. I need a

55 gal. drum!
Reply to
Tom Gardner

It's an exercise thing - I throw the ball, she runs over to it and barks to show me where it is then runs back to me to encourage me to go pick it up and throw it again. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

gal. drum!

Tom: The secret is to buy Advantage for dogs over 55lbs. You get 10 times as much for not much more money. Dose is 8 drops per 10lb cat. Also, it's cheaper from an ebay seller. It does not have an expiration date. I confirmed this with Bayer. The gray market stuff from Germany or Austrailia is the same as US made. Labeling is different and does not meet US standards. Bayer got real testy when I questioned them. They flat out lied to me.......Paul

Reply to
catguy

The difference between CATS and DOGS?

?Excerpts From The Dog?s Daily Diary?

8:00 am - Oh Boy! Dog food! My favorite!

9:30 am - Oh Boy! A car ride! My favorite!

9:40 am - Oh Boy! A walk! My favorite!

10:30 am - Oh Boy! A car ride! My favorite!

11:30 am - Oh Boy! Dog food! My favorite!

Noon - Oh Boy! The kids! My favorite!

1:00 pm - Oh Boy! The yard! My favorite!

4:00 pm - Oh Boy! The kids! My favorite!

5:00 pm - Oh Boy! Dog food! My favorite!

5:30 pm - Oh Boy! Mom! My favorite!

6:00 pm - Oh Boy! Playing ball! My favorite!

6:30 pm - Oh Boy! Sleeping in master?s bed! My favorite!

?Excerpts From The Cat?s Daily Diary?

Day 283 Of My Captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded; must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair; must try this on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of ?allergies.? Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

H. :)

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

Thor, RIP (

) would retrive twice before quitting. Sounds like your dog is a bit brighter.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Ordered! Thanks