Shop Cats update

Late one evening as I was doing the walk-through and noticed the cats crouched on the back of one of the forklifts intently watching a small crack at the bottom of an overhead door about 4 feet away. As I watched, one of them pounced on a mouse that was entering through the crack. Upon a closer look I noticed a sprinkling of dry cat food by the crack. No WAY! Were the cats baiting the rodents? The next day I find out that one of the production guys had noticed the same cat-act by the door and ramped up the fun with the bait.

Now that the girls are getting older, it seems they sleep all day (when they're not eating) and entertain themselves all night. I'm actually surprised that there still are some mice within a thousand yards of the building. We do have a flock of pigeons and they are WAY to smart for the cats. I think the cats have given up even trying.

Reply to
Buerste

Damn, you have Machiavellian cats. Most cats have a bit of Niccolò but yours must be in the direct line of heredity leading to the ones he held on his lap and petted.

I've had a number of cats, some mine, some shared in marriage over the years. Most of them just sat there looking at birds though the window, quivering and salivating. Frisky, a cat from the late 60's early 70's could get a bird though. Mom didn't like it much waking up with a dead bird in bed with her though.

Wes

Wes

Sometimes the penchant for bringing the kills home can be sickening. We have a well fed, ex-feral, outside cat. It is our hope he will have less of an impact on bird life if we feed him on a regular basis. Not necessarily true. Not long ago, when I opened the front door to put his food out there were three neatly killed baby mocking birds.

Damn, you have Machiavellian cats. Most cats have a bit of Niccolò but yours must be in the direct line of heredity leading to the ones he held on his lap and petted.

I've had a number of cats, some mine, some shared in marriage over the years. Most of them just sat there looking at birds though the window, quivering and salivating. Frisky, a cat from the late 60's early 70's could get a bird though. Mom didn't like it much waking up with a dead bird in bed with her though.

Wes

Robert Swinney

I use the beer can roller over a five gallon bucket of water to keep my shop free of rodents. I have a resident cat, but she just brings diseased rodents into the house. I know she doesn't catch them, because I know for a fact she cannot move that fast. The traps work great, and I also have a 55 gallon one for rock squirrels, a nuisance around hereabouts.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

--Bwahaha aren't cats great? Our Chairman Meow has brought in 4 gophers in 3 days! We use small bath carpets near the water bowls; he likes to do his munching there; must easier to toss a small carpet in the washing machine.

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
David Lesher

Hilariously excellent!!!

8,000,000 views, 9,000 comments! wow....
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®