First rough update of my home hobby shop page

http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/myshop
pretty picture heavy so may be a bit slow on dialup. First rough "draft", but Ill add the bells and whistles and make corrections over
the next couple weeks as time permits. I should have updated it a year ago..
Feel free to critique. I plan on using an editor that allows you to put the cursor over a picture and a text box pops up giving details etc.
Ill have other machines in the For Sale section as well.
Gunner
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Gunner:
Wow. I thought I had taken my hobby bench to the extreme. You have a full shop there, nice. Hope your toe gets better.
Rich

You might consider some overhead outlets and a air line, as you fill the walls with storage cabinets it's going to get harder to find a outlet to plug power tools into. I ended up doing the overhead power and air with cord reels and hose reels at each end of the shop.
Best Regards Tom.
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 04:13:40 -0700, "Richard Johnson"
......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Wotdedo? Kick the dog? **************************************************** remove ns from my header address to reply via email
I went on a guided tour not long ago.The guide got us lost. He was a non-compass mentor.........sorry ........no I'm not.
Old Nick wrote:

Gunner? Not likely. Probably tripped avoiding a cat.<g>
michael

1" x 6" x14" piece of plate steel plus a hydraulic press shelf 30" high. Add gravity and you have 3 broken toes when the other guy bumps it loose while you are looking in another direction. Season with a choice and rich collection of Anglo Saxon and Vietnamese verbs, discriptive nouns and whatnot..and cap it all off with native american dancing.
Oddly enough..I never did lose the nail..though it still doesnt look any too healthy a month or so after the "incident"..cringe...
At least the third time Ive broken those toes...I really ought to learn.
Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960
Gunner wrote:

What happened? They quit making steel toed cowboy boots?
(heh, heh, heh)

Well, now you've got a new project; *real* steel-toed boots. Figure 1/2" plate, bent to fit over the toes and come about halfway up the arch. If nothing else, you'll have the most toned legs in the neighborhood.
:)
--
Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH

Gunner wrote:

If that toenail has stopped growing, you will get a new one coming in under it. Might have to pull off the old one. YMMV.
Nice shop. That Clausing lathe brings back memories.
ff

The "whoa fuck does that hurt" dance interspersed with the "goddamn am I dumb" dance. Yep, I know those pretty well.
Jim
================================================= please reply to: JRR(zero) at yktvmv (dot) vnet (dot) ibm (dot) com ================================================

Try dropping a pallet jack out of the back of a truck on *both* of your feet. Too heavy to lift, couldn't get feet out, so no opportunity to dance. Fortunately, I could reach a length of 2 inch box tubing, and used that as a pry bar to extricate myself.
By a miracle, no broken bones, but I still have a discolored area on the top of my left foot after 3 months. Note that I was wearing steel *toed* shoes, but the pallet jack landed further back in the laces area. If its frame hadn't caught most of the weight, I'd have had two crushed feet.
Gary

Messy, too, was the time a co-worker got his foot under a large casting that they were turning with a crane. Suffice to say that steel toed shoes will crush, too....
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:56:32 -0400, "Gene Kearns"

Yup..seen that more than once on drilling rigs when the floor hand slipped and landed a stand of pipe on his foot. Steel toes just make it harder for the docs to get the remaining bits out of the end of the boot.
Gunner
"rm -rf /bin/laden
Bush = Root"

And yet this is no reason not to wear them, as without the accident would be just as bad. One sees that sort of argument advanced against motorcycle helmet use on occasion. "See look, it didn't save *his* life, did it?"
Jim
================================================= please reply to: JRR(zero) at yktvmv (dot) vnet (dot) ibm (dot) com ================================================
vaguely proposed a theory

But then you would be a "liberal".
Isn't there a "conservative" or "right winger" pledge someplace?
(BTW, Machine guards are a liberal plot to derange right-wingers even more, if that's possible.)
--
Cliff

snipped-for-privacy@lightspeed.net says...

Damn! I sure would like one of those Gorton's! Nice shop!
Jim Kovar Vulcan, Mi
I see in some of the pix that you need my: "Smoke color - speed/feed chart" it is available for $9.95 and I take Visa/MC. (How much for the doggie?)
--
<<< There are only 10 kinds of people...Those that understand binary and
those that don't. >>>

Speeds and feeds were actually ok. I do tend to push the envelope a bit, but I have all my machines full of good old high sulphur cutting oil so it does tend to get a bit smokey <G>
I just gave away the last litter. I will unfortunately likely to be having another one before long. Need one? When they are ready..come on out and Ill give you a couple.
Its sorta a tradition. Visit Gunners place and leave with a dog or a cat <G>
Gunner
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960
Somday I WILL show up on your stoop but I might be bringing critters to add to your zoo, or we could exchange for a while - it would be like summer camp for them.
--
<<< There are only 10 kinds of people...Those that understand binary and
those that don't. >>>

How much for the dog? :-)