First rough update of my home hobby shop page

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 13:35:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

All ya have to do is come visit, and Ill talk you into a pup or a kitten on your way out <G>
Gunner
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

All political bullshit and other stuff aside. Nice shop. And you can't be all that bad for a cat lover. I like cats too! They remind me of my wife, a mind of their own. <BG>
Regards, Bernd
Hey Bernd,
I sent this to Gunner some time ago, from someplace else:
"To a dog, people are gods. To a cat, people are staff!"
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.
ps..... and Ooooooowwww. That hurts!! Even from here. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Brian:
You don't know my cats very well. Both greet me at the door when I get home. Just like my dog did. Both follow me around the house until I sit. Just like my dog did. Then they both jump in my lap and purr and push against me. Now that is different in that the dog jumped up and licked and wiggled around submissively. And they both come when I call them, just like my dog did. No, I don't have food with me when they do it, nor do I work in a fish market. The cat's attitude like a dog's is simply set on the way you raise them. ....(Just tired of the bad press the cat seems to get. They are different than dogs, but just as friendly in a cat way. At least they don't get so excited that they pee on the floor when you pet them.)
Rich
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:07:09 -0700, "Richard Johnson"

Sounds like Friday nights when I get home from 4-5 days on the road.
I have a regular pecking order of "make nice" rituals that I have to go though when greeted by the various dogs and cats. Sadie (the one in the picture) brings me a tennis ball, her mom, Mandy brings me a stuffed animal, Dakota (big golden retriever) waits until I greet the other two, Odd Ball the cat (has different colored nuts) wants to ride my shoulder. Hip Hop (the one on the back of my chair) waits until I sit down, then does the nuzzle/make bread on my leg thingy.... there is a long list of protocol I have to follow <G> Woe is me if I have to go pee..they all get their feelings hurt if I dont follow the rituals.
Sadie..gets yancy during the week, so when I call home at least once they have to put me on the speaker phone so I can talk to her..then she is fine for the next couple days.
Gunner
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960
Or
You feed a dog and they think you are God You feed a cat and they think they are God
JonquilJan
Learn something new every day As long as you are learning, you are living When you stop learning, you start dying

sit.
and
like
in
you
they
I used to have a dog named Bubba. He was the smartest dog I have ever owned. He knew the day before I had to go out of town and would give me attitude.

ROTFL. Definition of a cat: Ball-bearing mousetrap.
Dan
On 6 Apr 2004 16:10:39 -0700, Dan_Thomas snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Dan Thomas) wrote:

So a neutered tom has "lost his bearings"
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:07:09 -0700, "Richard Johnson"

My 16 year old tiger even does the"shake a paw" and "beg" routine. The 8 year old Tonkinese has to be right there when you sit down to read - right there on your lap nuzzling the paper. The tiger sits on the desk when my wife is at the keyboard, and like a lot of dogs, the little rascals belive our bed is theirs.

But of course, it's worth it, and more, because one little cat changes 'coming home to an empty house' into 'coming home'. :-)
-tih (currently staff to four cats)
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901

"Women and Cats Will do as they please Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea"
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Very nice. Mostly (all?) american iron. How many square feet in the shop?
Mark
Mark wrote...

Didn't see any square feet. Just one sqwooshed toe.
(G)
Jim
On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:27:57 GMT, Jim Wilson

That was bad. ;-)

Its just a dirt floored carport along side my home, with a roof over it. 14x54'
Average rain fall here is 4" (four inches), so its not a major consideration.
Dust is the biggest problem, so everything gets wiped down and covered up with bed sheets when Im done using them.
Gunner
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Ha ha. We can get that much in one day on occasion.
Nice site, good photos!
Jim

Nice shop! Show us more....
Critique? We'll, I'll take you to task over the same thing I was with my page... the pictures (as you noted) are very slow to load... over broadband with a slow computer. I can only imagine that they are excruciating over dial-up. A "front page" allowing viewers to choose which pictures to view and/or lo-res versions should speed things up drastically. Case-in-point, your "For Sale" items load last and their viewing depends on the patience of the viewer.... he's not willing to wait it out and scroll to the bottom... your items are never seen.
I'll throw this out to all as a generic problem. Your items, while appealing and priced reasonably, are a gazillion miles from me. It is apparent from eBay and other sources that there is an absolute glut of desirable machine tools on the West Coast. These machines would be very salable on the East Coast, were it not for the cost of freight (and now we have astronomical fuel prices, to boot). If you fellows can figure a way to make the 3K-4K mile trip without drastically increasing the cost, you could probably turn a tidy profit.
Gene Kearns wrote:

Ummm ... I did not notice any delay in loading. My ISP is COMCAST cable: 3 Mhz download last time I looked. Bob
On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:06:53 -0400, "Gene Kearns"

Excellent suggestions all! I like that front page idea, maybe some thumbnails and links to the bigger pictures.
Thanks!