Cats and Models - Help

two 3 mos old kittens will be invading my home tomorrow as the newest members of the family.

I guess for the next few months building kits on the kitchen table will be quite interesting.

any other modelers with cats? how do you make it work?

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

on 8/12/2007 11:49 AM snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said the following:

Keep them off the table.

Reply to
willshak

Brilliant in its simplicity.

Reply to
Curt

Teach them to stay off the table and it does work.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Reply to
Ron Smith

well, crud, that does make sense, doesn't it. just have to break the habit of leaving the trays of assembled parts on the table while the glue dries, etc... not used to cleaning up after myself.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Reply to
Jim Atkins

when mine was a kitten, i taught her not to use claws in play fights, how to use a toilet and that she was not allowed on shelves ot tables. if you teach them young, it lasts a lifetime. in 22 years, i was never clawed, didn't have a stinky litterbox and never lost a kit part.

Reply to
someone

yes!

Reply to
someone

Contact this guy; he'd know:

has pet cats running all over the place:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

" snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Cat hair. From the kitten to your shirt to your model table to your models.

I have a trio of 1-year-old cats (thanks, daughter) (plus a pair of older ones) and my model table is in the family room. So far, no evidence of their jumping onto the table, although my airbrush has been pulled down by its hose at least twice.

They've all been good about not jumping up on tables and countertops.

Unless you get a really stubborn cat, you can persuade it to stay off your workspace.

The cat, yes, but not the cat hair.

Reply to
CortxVortx

If they get on the able there is always the ever effective CATapult

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

Here's another thought; get the cat interested in modeling. Pretty soon you guys will be building together, bonding, etc. This could be the answer to the eternal question of the hobby's future.

Reply to
Curt

At one time, I had 4 cats, God rest their little souls now, but I'd have as many as 2 or 3 sitting or lying on my table watching me work or one in my lap. They seemed fascinated by it & only occasionally would one of them decide to inspect or play with a part & usually when they did, a polite but firm 'stop it' would suffice. I guess it all depends on your cat's personality & how well you get along with each other.

Reply to
frank

The thing about shooting at a kitten with a squirt gun is that it may think it's a game of some sort. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Time to think outside the model box, so to speak:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Now I'm picturing the cat accidentally superglued to the model. Probably a DML Maus tank. :-D

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

And WHEN the cat is on the table, doing nothing just looking around. DO NOT start shouting and scaring the cat from the table. The cat will startle and scramble from the table. THAT will do much more damage. Don't ask me how I know.

Reply to
Bert-Jan

Get yourself some Bonita flakes ie flaked Tuna flakes from either the local market or a Japanese market if you have one in your town. This stuff is like candy to a kitty.........................we have four (4) and this is the only thing that will let you work on models with kitty cats in the house :>) jim

Reply to
jimbol51

Set phaser to stun.

Reply to