LMS in 7 mm scale

I am seriously contemplating a return to my first love, the LMS, after

40 years of modelling other countries railways, but this time in 7 mm scale. I have, as you might gather, quite a lot to catch up on - for example, I only found out about David Jenkinson's passing a few months ago. So before I take the plunge and dismantle my On30 US prototype logging line, I need to make a few enquiries and obtain some reference sources.

A quick glance at Yahoo and Google groups is not promising, found one LMS group which has maybe one or two posts per month. And I did find the Home Of O Gauge (London) web site, it made me purr like a dozen cats. And, could anybody recommend a magazine best suited? Last time I got a UK mag was the RM, and my sub lapsed in the 1970's, when I discovered all sorts of other interests. So if any of our more erstwhile members could point me in the right direction, my thanks will be effusive and heartfelt.

Steve Magee (dreaming of the west coast Scottish border region in 7 mm) but physically in Newcastle, NSW, Aust

Reply to
Steve

A good place to start is the Gauge O guild

Ian Gearing

Reply to
Ian Gearing

And another is the British Railway Modellers of Australia

John Nuttall

"Steve" wrote

is a *very* good place to start.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In article , Steve writes

Strong suggest you join the Gauge O Guild. The strength of the Guild is the area groups, of which there are several in Australia. There is also a quarterly magazine, to a very high standard, including adverts, reviews and trade news. You can contact the Guild at snipped-for-privacy@gauge0guild.com (I think that is a zero rather than an oh)

Reply to
John Bishop

Steve,

While not primarily aimed at LMS modellers probably the best way to hook up with other local 7mm modellers is via the Aus7 Modellers Group. See our web site;

Yahoo Group

The 7mmAusmodelling Yahoo! group

...for more info.

The group is not prototype specific although most members model local Australian prototypes. There are several local members in the Newcastle area and we have get togethers every six months or so in Sydney. We have members who model UK prototypes, NG and SG and any O-scale member is welcome. Finally I'd also recommend joining the GOG.

I hope this helps.

-- Trevor Hodges Secretary Aus7 Modellers Group Warren, NSW Australia Why settle for half when you can have the whole 0?

Reply to
Trevor Hodges