Cats and Models - Help

cats are very much like people in that you have to get to know them. dogs are basically wysiwyg. i could devide many people into dog types or cat types. easy to read people bore me.

Reply to
someone

yep, sacre a cat enough and she will lay on her back and eviscerate an attacking dog. saw a 8 lb tabby gut a shepard.

Reply to
someone

never saw that. some are more social than others but i've never seen a leader of the pack. cats are anarchists.

Reply to
someone

ROFL...I once had a Burmese cat that I saw riding a Border Collie down the street in exactly the same fashion!

She also had a long haired German Shepherd trapped between a garage and the side boundary fence (a gap of about 2 feet). The next door but one neighbour knocked on my door and asked me to collect my cat so he could get his dog out of the gap! When I got there my cat had it's back arched, it's tail was like a flue brush and it was spitting up a storm, the fully grown GS was cowering at the back of the gap and whimpering like a scared puppy!

We lost our Yellow Lab a couple of months ago due to illness but she knew her place when it came to our current cats. She was firmly at the bottom of the animal totem pole as the cats were already established when she arrived as a tiny puppy. It only took a couple of swats across her nose when she got too close for the cats' comfort and she never really bothered them again. In fact she would patiently stand and wait if a cat was drinking out of her water bowl and she wanted a drink herself!

Getting back on topic, our current cats have never been a problem when it comes to models and one of them will lie on the kitchen table and watch what I am doing while I build. He has always watched me, regardless of what I am working on, but I do have to be careful if I have the soldering iron out as he is dumb enough to try and rub against it!

Reply to
Larry Green

The cat rode it for over a block and a half, then sedately walked back home like it was king of all the jungle.

We had a situation something like that occur at our apartment house; someone had tied their dog's leash to the outside screen door, and a cat had promptly sat itself down just out of the dog's reach and was gleefully watching the dog go berserk. Then someone opened the door, and the cat was within reach of the dog. The dog went straight at the sitting cat, who simply raised its right paw and ran its claws right down the dog's nose. There was a split second of silence, then that dog let out a howl you could hear for blocks. :-)

It's lucky that more dogs don't get their eyes ripped out by cats; their reaction time is so fast that they've been known to claw the eyes out of poisonous snakes that were striking at them, followed by biting the snake's spine in half. I have a friend who lived up in Alaska, and he had a cat who would sit out on a dock and wait for salmon to swim by. As soon as one got in range the cat would jump onto its back and start clawing at it as the fish tried to swim away, with the cat still on it. I had another friend who had a pet dog and two big pet iguanas; the dog became convinced that it was also a iguana, and wanted to be in their cage with them. He'd put the dog in the cage, and the iguanas would flail the hell out of the poor thing with their tails till the dog escaped, howling. Then, around an hour later, the dog would want to get back in their cage again. There was something very wrong with that dog. :-) If that had been a cat, there would be two fewer iguanas in the world, pronto.

They sure do take a keen interest in everything going on in their surroundings in minute detail; if even a fly gets into the room, the cat knows it's there and begins immediately plotting a way to catch it.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Funny, I can read most cats quite easily, all it takes is a little subtelty.

Reply to
Ron Smith

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:>8-)

Fatboy just shredded the rottie's face.

Reply to
Ron Smith

You know why? Because you are thinking like them. And you know _why_ you are thinking like them? Simple...cat brain parasites:

have already begun to like to be around them, and have convinced yourself that you know how they think. The dead rats all thought the same thing. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote: : : I have a friend who lived up in Alaska, and he had a cat who would sit : out on a dock and wait for salmon to swim by. As soon as one got in : range the cat would jump onto its back and start clawing at it as the : fish tried to swim away, with the cat still on it. : Did they have a fishing license for the cat? :-)

I have heard that young eagles (typically balds) are often killed when fishing - if they misjudge the size of the salmon, they can't fly off, nor, apparently, can they release their claws until they have landed, so they drown.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

that works.

Reply to
someone

Yep, 22 pounds of large cat ain't afraid of much.

Reply to
Ron Smith

When my son lived here we had three cats. Mom's decided he was top cat and made it stick with the older female. The younger one paid his demonstrations no mind. He never could get a reaction other than disdain out of her. She has a much greater reaction to my grandson. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Ron Smith wrote in news:L9jxi.276$jy6.114 @trnddc01:

We now have 3 dogs, all young but large. We also adopted nother couple a cats. Chester one of the new ones is medium sized male, few year old. When the 3 dogs come in off the porch to go to thier kennels, Chester sits in the niddle of the floor and hisses at them. You get sort of a 3 way dog pile as they try to avoid him. Takes abit to put them up if Chester is feeling particulalry bossy. He can corner them too, until they whimper. It's sad.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Too funny. One of many reasons I don;t have a dog.

Reply to
Ron Smith