OT-Cats

Dear Cats: When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions with one another so there are still three cats in the way. The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The hallway was not designed by Nascar and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the end of the hall is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort. Look at videos of cats sleeping; they can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to one another stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but kitty sarcasm.

My phone cord is not black licorice. For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years; feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.

The bathroom sink is for washing hands and was not meant to be your personal water fountain. I'm tired of being summoned to the bathroom when you are ready for a drink. The bowl of water in the kitchen is not contaminated and has no floaters! So from now on you will drink from there... I put fresh water in daily!

Rules for non-pet owners who visit and like to complain about our pets.

  1. The cats live here. You don't.
  2. If you don't want cat hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
  3. I like my cats a lot better than I like most people.
  4. To you, he's a cat. To me, he's an adopted son who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
  5. Cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, sometimes come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the kittens.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

My cats and I have finally reached a milestone of mutual respect and cooperation. All it took is a number of Korean recipes printed out and tacked to the walls one foot from the ground, a squirt gun, and being able to make a noise that they find irritating. The final straw was their refusal to come in the shop if just the man-door was open...they like the sound of the big door opener. I explained it was the little door or freezing to death no mater how much the screamed. I do believe I'm ahead with the discontinuation of Orkin's services for rodents, the cats take very good care of that problem - except for the headless little gifts presented in the morning, contrasted with the occasional vet bill. I still don't understand the male's little two-day safaris with all his neighborhood girlfriends, he's shooting blanks.

If you don't seize control, they will dictate terms for YOUR life. It sounds like it's too late. You're kitty-whipped, and they know it.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

snip

-not so sure about that one...My cat's friend would get stoned on our cat-nip every day!!!

Reply to
Chris Holford

I have control. The cat comes in only when invited and spends 95% of the time outside. When inside, any bad behavior (like getting on to ANY table) resultd in immediate expulsion.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Way funny, Gunner.

My wife is a PKT (Professional Kitty Tamer) Right now, on vacation in Marathon FL, she's taming wild kittys to eat fresh fish at our door step. Back in MN, she's tamed dozens of un-tamable wild kittys. Of course, a warm

20' x 30' greenhouse with a sand floor, plenty of fresh kitty food and other goodies do help. All the kittys in the neighborhood move to our farm for the winter.

Some day, when I'm gone, and she's an old widow with Old-timers disease. You'll read about a lady in Minnesota with thousands of kittys for her friends.

If you've got any kitty training questions, I'll ask the PKT for you.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I don't get this. Our male cat just *has* to come in while I'm having a shit. He flops down on the floor and tries to attack my feet....

Jim

jim rozen

lol, has anyone else seen the difference between the response to this here, and the response to it over on alt.machines.cnc?

chem

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
chem

Long message to non-reading cats snipped.

The best thing I ever taught the terrier was the "BACK" command, which he interprets as "walk backwards 2 or 3 steps and stop". Since he is a terrier, every time I open up a hole from moving boxes, machines etc, he has to jump in the breach and check for rats. This quickly became a pain in the ass as I would often want to put the box back.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:29:55 GMT, Gunner brought forth from the murky depths:

-snip-

Man, did _that_ date this post's origin. Phone cords haven't been black since rotary dials, nigh onta 4 decades ago.

========================================================== I drank WHAT? +

--Socrates + Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Probably wants a different aroma.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Funny thing - I have 3 of them currently in use. Oh, and a GREEN dial phone on the kitchen wall.

Reply to
clare

This is typical feline hunting behavior. Hang out near the water hole, and attack when the prey is otherwise constrained not to move. Lions and panthers do pretty much the same thing, only on a larger scale.

Al Moore

Reply to
Alan Moore

And no, I'm not going to shoot another skunk in the kitchen just to make you happy so stop trying to get into my bedroom!

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

You can still buy them in black in UK. My auto cutters are not the cats but one of our dogs.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Ha ha. The *real* dating is, most folks don't *have* phone cords any more.

Mine are brown fabric. See phone on wall:

Jim

jim rozen

On 28 Dec 2003 15:03:17 -0800, jim rozen brought forth from the murky depths:

Well, that's true enough, too. I'm anti-cell-phone so don't get me started. I should make up one of those signs in reverse lettering that says "HANG UP AND DRIVE, YOU RECKLESS IDIOT!" to carry in my truck with me.

ROTFLMAO! Judging by the phone, I'm surprised you even _have_ that newfangled stuff called "electricity" there.

P.S: Looking at your shop, if you painted the walls/doors/ceiling white, you'd have about 10x more light in there with no extra cost for electricity or lighting.

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There are other cordless phones that AREN'T cell phones...I've got two of them and two cell phones...and no, I don't talk on the phone and drive, either.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenports

Do you actually use that phone, or is it for decoration only? Could you even use it, it doesn't have a dial, only a magneto AFAIK.

Abrasha

Abrasha

Reply to
Alan Wood

OK, the sign is not on the wall, but on the basement door that leads up to the driveway, there's a stairway and a bulkhead door out that way.

The idea is, whenever I go out to do wrenching on the bikes, I always forget to put on the blue nitrile gloves before I head out that way. My skin's been a *lot* better since I made it a hard and fast rule to wear those gloves when working on vehicles like that, I was really prone to 'non-specific contact dermatitis' (that'll be 85 dollars for the diagnosis please...) and the nitrile gloves seem like the best way to prevent the grease and dirt from getting embedded in my hands.

Jim

jim rozen