OT-Cats

Sure I use it - if you called today you could talk to me on it [1]. That particular phone does not of course have a magneto, it's designed to be common battery and central office signalling. Basically just an extension that you cannot dial out of.

They made another version of that with the dial on the front, those go for much more money. But I have that one because often I'm running in from outside to catch the phone, and it's right by the door to the outside.

The honker big knife switch above that phone turns on the line that goes out to the garage phone.

Jim

[1] the transmitters and receivers on phones of that vintage are designed to be much more punchy at the higher frequencies, because lines of that time had poorer quality and amplification was at a premium. So talking on it does sound a bit tinny, but that's the way it was designed to be.

jim rozen

"Pardon me, is my driving interfering with your phone call?" You haven't lived till you've knocked on a ford explorer's driver window from your bike, and asked that question.

"Drive now, Talk later" is the click & clack bumper sticker.

Heh. Some of that shop used to be painted white, a long long time ago. The walls are loose stone, and somebody tried to mortar the joints - so any paint that would go on there would tend to come off pretty fast. The overhead is another matter, but I tend to have most of my lights with reflectors that shine down towards the benchs or machines.

This is one of those things that I'm gonna get a 'round-to' one of these days!

Jim

jim rozen

Cartoon: man standing looking "lost". Caption "I wish someone would invent a phone with a cord on it so that you could find it!"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

On 28 Dec 2003 18:58:33 -0800, jim rozen brought forth from the murky depths:

I'd pay to see that film!

Yabbut, it makes more impact when the driver behind you holds it up in your rear view mirror which you occasionally glance at after redialing.

Once you realize how much brighter it is in a room with white walls, you'll kick yourself if the arse 1,000 times for not doing it sooner. DAMHIKT

Spray thinned latex with a garden sprayer or borrowed airless spray rig and let it dry overnight. Wow, what a difference in the morning! (I wish I'd thought of that before rolling my 2- carless shop 3 times.) The white floor (not epoxy, just porch paint) is helpful, too. Ever look for a lost screw on a white floor? It shows up in seconds while it could take hours on an ugly gray cement floor. Me? I'll never go to any other color.

Gloss whites have far too much glare, so use eggshell or flat. Repaint when the inevitable fingerprints get too noticeable.

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Look, the *last* thing I need is a portable, untethered phone that the ladies of the house can wander around with, yakking all day long.

So the main phones in the house are candlestick type, with short cords. So the person has to stand there, with both hands occupied.

Jim

jim rozen

That reminds me of a joke by Steven Wright: "I invented the cordless extension cord."

Abrasha

Abrasha

"Daddy, you are so MEAN!" ROTFLMAO!!!

Reply to
Roy J

|>"Drive now, Talk later" is the click & clack |>bumper sticker. | |Yabbut, it makes more impact when the driver behind |you holds it up in your rear view mirror which you |occasionally glance at after redialing.

Be sure to print it backwards :)

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:34:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEtxol.net (Rex B) brought forth from the murky depths:

Ayup, I specified "reverse font" in the original post.

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques