Shop cats update

Ah, yes. The reason I love dogs.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Gunners house when the nice Russian lady comes over to feed the cats.

There's a commercial at the beg> It's so hot and humid lately that it's normal to see the two black cats

Reply to
kfvorwerk

"Wes" wrote

My friend has a cocker and a Siamese. The Siamese will fetch a ball of tinfoil all day long. One day I was there, and he first showed me what the cat would do. The cocker ran and got the ball first. He did it again. The cat was aggravated with the dog. He threw it again, and the race was on. The dog won. The cat started that low growling they do. I told him the cat was getting ready to kick the dog's ass. Nah, he said. Same thing with the ball a couple of more times, with the exuberant cocker shoving the cat out of the way. Rod was having fun seeing the two race. The cat takes that stance where it hunches up his back and starts dancing sideways on his tip toes towards the cocker. This is going to be good, I'm thinking. The cat went around the cocker about three times in a blur and when finished, the dog looked like he had tangled with a chainsaw. After that, when Rod would throw the foil ball, the cocker would stay under the wingback chair.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You know, this seems so self-absorbed and cynical as to be sickening. I know and accept who and what I am and don't _need_ any others in my life to be content or to stop _or start_ me looking at myself and where I am in my life.

However, having others, human or animal, in my life has never done anything but enrich it -- and be complementary to it. Your AA leader(s) must have been the most pitiable misanthropes AA could find to propound such a malignantly solecist philosophy.

Tell me, did they rule their personal lives by their philosophy? Were any of these people married? Did they have children? Are you? Do you?

If so, how can they or you stand to know they have others in their lives and are, thus, somehow incompletely comfortable with themselves? It must be devastatingly painful continually to be reminded of such a basic defect.

Your, and their, brush is not only broad but drenched with pseudo-scientific, psuedo-psychological, mental masturbation products.

If you were king in any country I inhabited, you'd be assassinated. Simply unplugging your power cord should do it. Most machines can't run without power.

Go do whatever you like, but go king it anywhere I am not, please. Geesh, would it reveal some basic incompleteness in my character if you and I were close friends and I didn't want you to be absent from my life?

That's ludicrous!

Good grief, Larry, I can understand what you're feeling, but what are you _thinking_?

Reply to
John Husvar

My experience with AA was that it was just like life. Run by the strong to prey on the weak. So, I did the logical thing. Fuck the guilt. Be who you are. Then go have a beer. Unless, of course, you need someone else to tell you who you are, give you permission to wipe your ass, or tell you why you are inferior to them. My problem was not alcohol, but the thought that it might be kept me from REALLY dealing with what bugged me, and getting over it quicker.

YMM (and probably does) V

Results may vary.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You're screwed, again, and you know it. Grin & bear it...

One trip to the Vet for a snip and basic shots, coming up... You may not pay a big bill if it gets ill, but you also don't want that new cat to get your others sick.

They ought to come up with a standard place to tattoo inside an ear that the stray who just adopted you has already been fixed. Could use the RFID chip tags for that, but they cost more than a simple tattoo.

Cat Door with an RFID reader to unlock it?

Have your accountant put the vet bill on the books as "Pest Control". That, or "Medical - Blood Pressure Control" for you.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Sigh...I once traded some machine work for (4) 20lb bags of cat food.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Hi Guys:

I'm going through the current topics to hopefully suggest a way to tag valid RCM traffic.

Add RCM: on the beginning of the title line - BEFORE the obligatory OT?

Hang tiugh - keep posting.

CaveLamb

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Lookout Richard, here it comes again, just seemed to start, same old stuff. Hope all the filters catch it.

George

Reply to
George

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:22:05 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "SteveB" quickly quoth:

If that was really the case, you attended the wrong group, bubba. So solly.

What a -convenient- attitude. (But I agree with the FTG attitude. Nobody needs guilt/pain. Are you Catholics listening? ;)

Right, alcohol was just the crutch, the symptom or some of our problems. I stayed in and used every resource available for the first half a dozen years or so and have remained sober and much happier.

It absolutely does.

I just celebrated my 22nd year clean and sober.

-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Congratulations, Larry.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Guilt, remorse, and stress will kill you faster than having a couple of drinks day. Now, if you're the type that HAS to go out and get blotto every time they have a drink, then AA might be for you. As for the rest of society, moderation solves many problems, be they chocolate, cherries, cordon bleu, cognac, or Coca-Cola.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Or religion. Gerry :-)} London, Canada