ARTEC-Arc Welding Rods- Identification

29 September 2004 2:53 PM
I have several sealed packages of ARTEC welding rods given to me. I am
having difficulty trying to google for specs and /or recommended usages.
Here are the rod ID's:
Artec C88
Artec Super Cast
Artec 222
Artec 223 XC
Artec Unicrom 265S
Artec Stainfer 316L Fe
and
Eutectic Modultec 2250
Any help on the correct polarity /original intended use /applications in
the home shop would be appreciated.
Cheers..Gerry
Reply to
GerryO
Find an Arctec dealer and get a spec sheet or poster from them. Some of the rods are obvious, like the Super Cast (for cast iron) or the 316L (for stainless).
I have burned a pile of 223XC, pretty similar to 7018. A little higher tensile IIRC. I have a poster on the wall of the shop at work. If I remember, I'll check out the other Arctec rods.
FWIW you can try them on AC but you will likely have best results with DC . Got a DC welder?
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
Trevor Jones