Identify uses for two welding rods

Hi, folks, I have a couple of types of welding rod that I can't identify any use for by searching Google, Web or Groups. I've checked all the applicable subjects in this group as far back as July '06. One type is marked "307L-15". The second is marked v117 and is the color blue, similar to the lighter blue color of the Internet Explorer icon. It is packaged by Rockweld Limited, Camberley, England. The package also has printed on it "10 s.w.g." Any insight into suitable uses for these sticks will be appreciated.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas R.

I think...think that 307L-15 is the milspec number for stainless steel welding electrodes.

I believe Rockweld is a South African corporation

Gunner

Gunner

The second comment helped me find that Rockweld merged with Afrox,

, a few years ago. Searched the site and found nothing about v117. I'll try the contact email addy. Thank you.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas R.

Btw, I had to repair some rectangular steel tubing, ~16 ga., this afternoon. Kids wrecked the attached cafeteria table bench seat. I tried the v117 on it with the cast aluminum elbow inserted in the end of it to dissapate the heat at 90 amps. No burn through, nice fast weld and next to no slag. I've no formal welding instruction but this went fairly well.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas R.

The Rockweld V117 electrode is an E6013 all positional type welding electrode suitable for general purpose mild steel welding. The 10S.W.G. is the old UK size which stand for 10 Standard Wire Gauge or in modern day parlance 3.2mm (1/8")

Regards

Reply to
Dave Smith

Thank you, Ric-M.