Shrink wrap for receiver battery packs

I've put together a 5 cell NiMh (AA) battery pack for a receiver and need to find some shrink wrap to finish it with.

Know of any web sites listing such? --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

| I've put together a 5 cell NiMh (AA) battery pack for a receiver and | need to find some shrink wrap to finish it with. | | Know of any web sites listing such?

Personally, I just use electrical tape.

I've heard people say here that you can get lots of shrink wrap from a place that sells boats (apparantly they come shrink-wrapped) but I've never tried that.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Most medium size or larger cities will have an electronics "surplus" store. You should be able to find it in all sizes there.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

I have rolls and rolls of the stuff in my shop. It is called monokote. I make my own e-flight packs and use monokote to shrink it all together. Plentiful, pretty cheap, and light. Works great!

David

Reply to
David Morris

Jim Lilly opined

SR Batteries carries them. They are googleable.

-ash Cthulhu for President! Why vote for a lesser evil?

Reply to
Ash Wyllie

ebay, search for 'heat shrink'. You'll find lots of it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul in Redland

I've gotten shrink wrap for battery packs here:

Peter

Reply to
PeCReyner

All,

Thanks to all who replied! --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

strathboy

It's true, I've seen numerous boats being transported on the backs of lorries that certainly look like they're shrink-wrapped. And I'm talking about serious-sized boats too - the sort that wouldn't look out of place in the harbour at Monaco on Grand Prix day. I'd like to see the size of the heatgun they use to shrink the film ;-)

Reply to
John Privett

local hobbie shops have it uses it on battey packs on elec. r/c cars look for a product line Parama or may have privete stock

Reply to
EWAJAF