spoilerons 5 channel

I have finished a Lanier Extra 3.25. I have installed two servos for aileron control. I would like to use spoilerons ( upward ) to minimize tip stall on landings. How can I do it whit this equipment?

( Futaba 8uap can not configure channel different from 1 and 6 for ailerons ) ( Hitec 5 channel 555 receiver )

Thanks and sorry for my english

Onofre ( from Spain )

Reply to
yatedigo

Check your manual for the "airbrake" function on the 8U and set up a p-mix with channel 6 as master, channel 5 as slave. That might work.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

Morris,

Nope, as the Hitec 555 receiver only channels. --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

Yatedigo,

Your radio is your limiting factor here. If you had a Futaba 9C it'd work, configured as GLIDE2 where it automatically sets up for what you want. Ch 1=right aileron and ch 5=left aileron in that situation. --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

The 555 will not work separate ailerons - however check out the latest Hitec HFS 05MG

5ch RX = this one does work with the 5th channel; operating as channel 6 on any other RX - i.e. 5th channel will not work with the usual 5th channel on a Flash 5X or other.
5 is the 6th channel of the transmitter and can be used for a second aileron servo, flaps, or flaperons. (Not compatible with channel 5 on Flash 5 System X.) Five channel single conversion FM operation. Gold plated pins. Ch. 1 - 4 & Ch. 6. See also the latest Hitec 6 ch TX =

= Optic 6.

regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

A.T.,

According to the Futaba 9C manual it will, see page 14;

RECEIVER AND SERVO CONNECTIONS

Receiver Aircraft (ACRO) Output and Channel Glider (GLID1FLP/GLID2FLP)

1 ailerons/right aileron1/combined right flap & aileron1 aileron 2 elevator elevator 3 throttle throttle 4 rudder rudder 5 spare/landing gear/left aileron1,3/combined left flap and spare/gyro aileron2,3 right flap (GLD2FLP)

Further details on pages 45-47. --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

Both the 9C and the 8U allow channel 5 use for dual ailerons via a special setting. The default is channel 7.

Jim - AMA 501383 (remove NOSPAM to reply)

Reply to
James D Jones