| It seems I've killed my first Kokam Li-po? I flew yesterday, my Wattage | Ultimate with a Cobalt 400 using a Kokam 7.4 volt 2000Ma battery pack. | Anyway, I only flew one 6 minute flight, normal for this setup and all was | well. I got home and tried to charge the battery. No luck, my Triton | charger say's battery voltage too low. Starts charge at 5.6 and goes to | 5.78 in about 90 seconds, then sounds buzzer and advises battery voltage too | low. | | I'm new to electric. Anyone know If I can save this li-po?
Take your battery and charger outside in the driveway -- just in case you create a flaming inferno :) Keeping the battery at least a foot or two away from the charger would be prudent.
Put the charger on a NiCd charging program, charging at like 500 mA or so, and charge it for a few minutes. Yes, I did say NiCd -- this bypasses the safety routines built in for LiPo. NEVER do this for long, and never without paying very close attention. If you walk away and forget, you'll come back to a flaming mess.
Watch the voltage carefully -- once it gets above seven volts or so, switch over to the normal LiPo charging routine and see if it works. Hopefully this will take less than ten minutes to get back to seven volts. If it then charges correctly, great -- you got lucky. But do be extra careful about watching it for issues -- if it puffs out, or catches flame, it's time to discard the battery.
It would appear that you discharged your battery too deeply. Or maybe it went bad on it's own -- I don't know. What I'm telling you to do is dangerous, so that's why it's done out in the driveway, and don't let it out of your sight. If it does succeed in bringing your battery back to life, be sure to make sure you pay extra close attention to it while charging and discharging the first few times, to make sure it doesn't show any signs of self destruction. It could catch fire, so make SURE you charge somewhere where fire won't cause problems -- outside away from everything is best, but a fireproof container will do once you've verified that it's not a ticking time bomb after a few charges and flights.
I've never had to do this myself, but this is what I'd do.
And you should work out how it got so deeply discharged too. Can your ESC not stop running the motor at six volts, or does it have an lower cut-off voltage?