Hand Made Air Brake System??

I recently acquired a plane that has novel front gear brake installed. It is a brass shoe that makes contact with the nose wheel when you throw the brake switch on your compouter radio TX. I have never used a Robart system but this looks very similar to the pictures on their web site except for the Main valve. It has a "mousse" style can that holds the air and it appears to have a Robart fill valve. My problem is I need a fitting and a pump to charge the system. The fitting would go on the end of the pump and screw (It will need a male end) into the fill port of the brake system. Some of the guys here think it may have been a CO2 system but I have no way of knowing. There are no markings on anything so I can't tell who the mfgr might be. If you think you can help, please email me and I will supply photos of the whole thing so you can look and maybe offer some alternatives as to how I can charge it.

Reply to
Watchur6

Hi, I use old Robart retracts and the pressure I put in the "mousse can" is about 6 bar (85psi). Can be done with a small automotive compressor or with a bicycle pump. I think your brake system dind't need more pressure to work. If you plan to use CO2 source be advised that the pressure can be as high as 50bar or 700psi! Enough to badly injuring somebody. Cheers, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel