Hobico Superstar EP Servo Torque requirement ??

Hello I just purchased the Hobico Superstar EP kit, 48 " wing with Ailerons less Radio & Servos I have Hitec servos HS-80 servos with 36 oz. in torque per specs.
From the data on RTF Model , it appears to have Fatuba servos S-3003 with 44 oz. in. torque. Will my servos provide adequate torque ?
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@twmi.rr.com wrote:

they will be fine.
Ive used micro servos in 48" stuff.
snipped-for-privacy@twmi.rr.com wrote in news:5p0rc35cql8927vn6udvqm5snpgjl7f3m8@ 4ax.com:

Without going through the math (and sometimes I actually do go through the math), 36 oz-in should be plenty. Generally, "standard" servos (like the S3003) are considered appropriate for .46-sized planes, which usually weigh 5+ lb with ~1.5 hp.
For the Superstar EP, it's a 3 lb airplane that's probably underpowered with the stock motor (compared to a standard .46 trainer). That would suggest that 25 oz-in would be sufficient.
Of course, it's better to have a too much servo than to have too little.
Now that I've said all that - standard servos are cheap ($9 at Tower for Hitec or Cirrus), and the socket in the wing is probably sized for one, so it may be easier to just go that route.
Beyond all *that* - Might wanna wade through the discussion on RCGroups. Here's one of them: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t311392
I didn't read through it to see if anyone talks about servo sizing, but someone probably did.
Since the thread is a few years old, the brushless motors weren't so widely available and Li batteries were much more expensive. Don't know if you're planning to use the stock power system or not, but . . .
--
"Whatever will have been, will have been."

- Douglas Adams, "Life, The Universe, and Everything"

Mark
Thanks for detailed info. The http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t= pages look good. From your knowledge, is it a good cite, relative free of spam ?
Thanks ,again ,for input.
If the plane handles OK, as is, with no quirks, i will probably upgrade power. With all the free bees etc., I got it cheap enough- only paid $79 & I am happy with quality of what I see.
Milt
Milt wrote in

I've certainly found a lot of useful info on RCGroups & RCUniverse; in some forums, there are manufacturers posting information, but AFAIK, the manufacturers always identify themselves. If you're new to the hobby, then bear in mind that the people who post to those forums (fora? whatever the plural is) aren't gods; some know what they're talking about and some don't. But it's always interesting to see what problems they had when working on the same plane, and what hardware choices they made, what mods they tried, etc.

That sounds reasonable.
--
"Whatever will have been, will have been."

- Douglas Adams, "Life, The Universe, and Everything"

Thanks for detailed info. The RCGroups looks good. From your knowledge is it a reliable cite relative free of spam ?
Thanks ,again ,for input. If the plane handles OK, as is, with no quirks, i will probably upgrade power. With all the free bees etc., I got it cheap enough- only paid $79 & I am happy with quality of what I see. Joe