How do I mount skis?

I bought a set of three Dubro skis for my trainer from someone on eBay. I actually got two sets; one of them was a wooden set that I may or may not use. I intend to mount the Dubros first, but I'm not sure how to do it, since they didn't come with much mounting hardware. Each ski has a piece of heavy gauge wire that is about four inches long with a bend on one end that appears to fit through the holes in the "ski mount". However, the way these things work is not clear to me just by looking at it. The wooden skis came with a similar piece of wire, but in a lighter gauge.

Does anyone have a picture of their ski mount that I might use to design a way of mounting these things? Or can you point me to web-based close-up of a set of mounted skis that I might see how these things are mounted? I may end up calling Dubro to see if they sell the hardware separately from their "shocking PINK" skis!

Thanks, Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Harlan,

To mount the skis with the OEM hardware, you remove the two small screws in the bottom of the ski. Then, trap the bent end of the heavy wire in the two slots between the two parts of the ski so the wire runs parallel to your model's wire main gear leg when you attach to the ski with a pair of wheel collars. Use a piece of heavy shrink tubing or something similar to hold the ski wire alongside your model's gear wire.

Like I mentioned before, it's kind of hard to explain and not very intuitive, but it works well. (providing your model has wire gear legs).

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Bob:

I followed you right up to the point where you added "providing your model has wire gear legs". Murphy's Law! But now that I have the general idea, I think I can rig something up.Seems to me that the skis should have a means of holding the tips slightly up and, perhaps, a wire attached to the back of the ski to prevent the tip from rising too high.

I think I'll scout around on the web a bit to "fine tune" my engineering skill. :)

Thanks for planting the seed.

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis