How many batteries?

I'm making out my next online order for rc stuff and was wondering how many battery packs I should buy. I was thinking 4 so that I would always have atleast 2 on standby. How many batteries do some of you carry to the flying field with you?

Peter

Reply to
peter walker

How long are the flights you get? I only need to take one with my GWS Beaver - the 1100mAh Li-po gives me over 30 mins and the 2200 goes for so long I've always run out of light or time before it's run out of power. It's good to have 2 batteries just because then I don't have to recharge every day. They take about 1 and 2 hours respectively to charge. You take as many as you need to do the flying you can fit in. Depending on how easy/safe they are to recharge you may not need others at home on standby.

Reply to
Mark Lee

I'm new to this and most things Iv'e read about most electric planes is that most flights only last for just a few minutes or so, so I was thinking 4 packs would ensure me atleast 15 mins of uninterrupted flight time.

Peter

Reply to
peter walker

I usualy bring 6 packs and 2 planes with me, I use a variable rate due

peak charger.

I usualy charge everything at home the night before, then just pea them at the field. I get 10 ta 15 out of each one, and can charge every 30-45 minutes or so. I can usualy fly about 10 times before have to wait for a pack.

Ken-Ohki

"I make things do what I want them to, The hell with what they ar designed to do.

-- Ken-Ohk

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ken-Ohki's Profile:

this thread:

Ken-Ohki

I think it depens on the plane your flying and what battery and motor you are using.

On my aerobird challenger we got about 20 minutes out of one battery, granted some of that time, but definately not the majority wa spent gliding.

On my Slowstick I get about 15 minutes out of one 730mah battery pack.

So in my circumstances I would like to have about 3 packs for the slowstick, and maybe 2 for the aerobird.

But it really depends, on how much you want to fly, and how fast your plane eats your batteries.

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

Reply to
Scotty

I've heard you need one flying, one cooling down and one charging. However, it depends on the type of battery, its charge rate, how agressively you fly, and a number of other things.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

Tonight I walked down to the (flyng) field with acharged LIPO in my pcket, flew for about half an hour and walked back. Still half full.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Scotty

General Electric RC. I have yet to decide on what plane I'm going to get.

Peter

Reply to
peter walker