I need to know EVERYTHING about helicopters

I've decided to switch over to helis... well, more like add on to the airplane hobby... I wanted to know if there were any good sites that talked about specific things like how to set up the heli system. I'm not too sure about some definitions like throttle curves and idle-up and other heli radio functions. No need to tell me how a helicopter works though, I already know that. But I'd like to know what are the advantages of collective pitch as opposed to fixed pitch? Is it more responsive that way? That's the only reason I can think of. Also, I need to know what to look for in a gyro when choosing one. I'm going to start off with a 30 sized heli. I'm aware that they take a long time to learn to fly, but I'm pretty sure I have a good start at the learning process since I've nearly mastered it on Realflight G2. Don't worry, I won't be attempting the inverted hover right after I put my first heli together. If you can give me as much info as possible and leave out the obvious stuff, I'd much aprreciate it. Thanks!

-Jonathan-

Reply to
NVHLVNOP

Go to