It isn't any wonder...

With many ISP's dropping usenet, I'm not surprised.

I never did know when to go home from a party, so I'll probably be around until the bitter end.

I'm in the process of selling off most of my modeling stuff. All of the larger models are going as are many ARFs. Inventorying everything, then measuring the package and weighing it is time consuming and not much fun. But there will be an end to it - some day.

My problem so far is that when it comes down to choosing which models to sell, I really don't want to sell any of them, if the truth be known. They're all beautiful and each has its good points. But I am getting out of ARFs, with a few exceptions (see, there it starts again!).

Ed Cregger (sonny123music on eBay)

Reply to
Ed Cregger

With the cost of shipping these days it is really hard to sell anything of appreciable size. I wish you the best of luck! Where are you located Ed? Do you have your stuff for sale listed anywhere?

Reply to
Jim

------------

Hi, Jim.

I have been selling a few things. Oddly enough, I'm having better sales on RCGroups and RCHangout than I am on eBay.

I've learned to price out of stock ARFs very near to their original selling prices (before the closeout sale prices) and pay for the shipping and insurance myself. So far, so good.

I bought some of them with the intention of making a profit when all of the old kits were bought up and someone had a hankering to own one of the now defunct kits. I'm not getting rich with this scheme, but I'd like to get my garage back, if you know what I mean. I have a new small vertical mill/lathe in the garage that hasn't been unpacked as yet. I enjoy a bit of metalworking now and then.

I still have a Giant Aeromaster ARF, a Lanier Giant Stinger (gas version), a Giant Telemaster kit (not ARF), a Global Dragon Lady ARF, a Tower Kaos ARF, a Senior Telemaster ARF, Goldberg Tiger 1.20 ARF and a bunch more.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

But Ed, there are more than one party.

Apparently this is true because I am getting back into sport flying. I just can't see the competition planes as far off as I used to but I can see perfectly fine for sport flying -- and this will include some designing and the like, but not for competition and not for publication. Both take up too much of my precious time.

You are right. No fun at all. I did this several years ago on e-bay and I was flattered at the number of e-mails I got asking me if was "OK." They thought I was checking out of everything; not just modeling.

I told them I was just recognizing there are some things I am not likely to use any more and thought someone else might enjoy them. I still have modeling things I am going to post there eventually.

I am glad I didn't get rid of the Fred Reese, "Sopwith Tripe" plans and articles...I built one and enjoyed it and do not know why I sold it. I am building another in the next month.

If you have the room, hang them? I have done that with a few of mine. They are simply pretty to look at. (I always thought a Hobie Hawk was designed and built to be put in the ceiling. It looked better there than flying...or landing. )

Ken Cashion

Reply to
Ken Cashion

I had collected plastic kits of favorite 1/72 models for years. Only those I really liked or were unique. I was going to build them all at one time (assembly line) when I retired.

After I had been retired for 15 years, I decided that I really wasn't going to do that...and where would I put the little lovelies after I did. I had at least 100 of them!

I clustered them according to nationality and purpose and sold them on e-bay. I made some money and cleared the shelves...but then, I wasn't considering inflation, was I?

(Re inflation...I was recently in a music museum and they had a contract for the 7-man Bob Wills band to play one dance in 1965 for 4 hours. $700 plus 60% of the gate. That seemed cheap. I got home and checked...in 2008 dollars, that was $4,750. )

Ken Cashion

Reply to
Ken Cashion