NITRO Models

Has anyone out there done any business with them? They advertise quite heavily in MAN but the ads are weird. There are about 4 different aircarft they call a P-38?? Anyone know anyhting about their quality? They are cheap, but I know you get what you pay for.

Reply to
Ted

I haven't personally done business with them, but I know a few folks who have ordered their ARFs. In a nutshell:

-nice airframes

-low quality hardware

-minimal instructions

-poor customer service

They have nice aircraft but they bundle them with cheap hardware and lousy instructions. If you've built your fair share of ARFs previously and you don't mind replacing the hardware with Dubro parts, you should be able to assemble their ARFs and end up with a nice airplane when you're done. If you need replacement parts or you need help with a customer service issue, you're probably not going to be happy with the service that results.

Nitro Models sells some CMPro ARFs as well as their own "house brand" ARFs. The hardware quality for the CMPro planes is supposed to be much better.

Nitro Models has worked at improving their customer service. They have a support forum that is under the ARFs forum on RC Universe and they do try to handle requests there as best they can.

The folks at AK-Models

handle some of the same Rich Models and CMPro ARFs that Nitro Models does, but they actually provide good customer service. If you see something you like at Nitro Models, I'd check AK Models to see if they carry it also. If not, you can order from Nitro Models, just keep in mind you'll have to put in a little extra time and money to get a nice flying plane finished.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

They offer great values, but not for the inexperienced in my opinion.

I have one of the CMP ARFs (1.40-size P-40E) and one of the "no-name" ARFs (.40-size Ultimate bipe). Both are of surprising quality for the price. The poor instructions might make them very difficult for an inexperienced modeler (the big P-40E has a one-page exploded diagram as the instruction manual).

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott