AK-Models? Anyone know about them?

They advertise semi-scale warbird arfs in Model Aviation but the price seems too cheap. Thier ad shows an F4U Corsair 58 inch wing span for $129.95. Has anyone out there ever bought one of their ARFS? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Watchur6

Geekay

They have become a distributor of China Model Production (CMP) ARFs. The price is fantastic and the models are very good. I bought a "1.40-size" P-40 from AK Models recently and am very pleased. Same goes for the SU-26 Sukhoi laser-cut kit I bought there a few years ago. Alex's customer service is solid, and he's actively looking for ways to improve the CMP line through participation in web forums.

Not affiliated in any way, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

I have the giles 202, good plane worth the money

Reply to
Mosher

David Hopper

AK-Models is a reputable company that distributes/resells CMPro ARFs as well as some of their own kits.

They make a kit called the Simple Flyer that is modelled after a design from the Real Flight flight simulator. The model is still in the newest version of G3, and the notes under that particular aircraft mention that AK-Models makes a kit based on the original flight sim model.

I haven't had a chance to do business with AK-Models yet, but the company has a good reputation and I hope I get to use them in the future.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Ditto. I love the Christen Eagle 1.20 I bought from them.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger