Control servo with a joystick, hard wired?

I'm looking to make a camera control for a camera using some type of joystick. I've seen a few projects to make a servo driver but anyone have any ideas on how to make something with a joystick, just need two axis like a joystick. Thanks

Reply to
Barkster

Servos respond to pulses. You'll need something to generate those pulses. The servo driver you have seen would be perfect. You replace the control stick potentiometers, assuming it utilizes pots, in place of the pots that control the driver.

Frankly, you can buy a two-channel 75 MHz complete radio control system for less than $50 these days. I would think that this would be a more convenient, reliable and cheaper alternative to doing it the hard way.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Thanks, I'm try to build an ROV of sorts and need it to be wired. I'll see what I can find

Reply to
Barkster

If you're willing to build a circuit check on sci.electronics.basic or sci.electronic.design. This can be handled easily by a pair of 555 timers, with various enhancements that could be done if you're in the mood for it.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

So, still use r/c and just put a small, faked wire between "controller" and "controllee."

You are welcome.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Cashion

refer to Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

sub section: Electronic Circuits & Connectors for RC & Modellers.

amongst others: Do-It-Yourself Radio Control Electronic Projects & Gadgets Electronic projects and tutorials *** Electronic Circuits for the Hobbyist - Tony Van Roon Electronic Gadgets (Projects) for RC - Tony Van Roon Electronics Page - Brent's R-C Electronics Pages - Circuits etc by Tomi Engdahl's the simplest of which is = Servo driver circuit by AHMET ONAT

it is advisable to add a diode in the negative line just in case some idiot incorrectly connects the power source in reverse. ( a .15 cent diode saves an hours work building another.) regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.