Anyone know about "C" certification

A machine we use at work is no longer sold by a distributer because they couldn't get C certification for it, something relating to electrical noise/interference (it's a voluntary reg apparently, not a compulsory one).

Anyone got any further info on what it's all about ? Can't seem to find anything on Google...

Reply to
Flip

It is "CE" certification.

Ben Miller

Reply to
Ben Miller

Ah, thanks. Now I can see lots of confusing pages on Google, but nothing clear cut as to what exactly it entails in this instance :/

Would you have any further info to offer on the subject, e.g. what the benfits of having this cert are, or what the ramifications of not having it are ?

Reply to
Flip

CE means "Conformité Européen" and without this no electrical device/apparatus can be sold in the EU (if I'm not wrong). The benefits are obvious.

Reply to
Angelos Karkaletsis

Yes, but I think the op is refering to EMC (ElectroMagnetic Compatability) HTH Rob

Reply to
Robbie Mayhem

He asked about "C", which sounds like "CE". CE is a self-certification that includes a number of directives covering many types of products marketed in the European Union. Electromagnetic Compatability is addressed by the "EMC Directive" (89/336/EEC).

Ben Miller

Reply to
Ben Miller