switching 5V/1A DC over USB

Hi,

I want so switch 5V/1A DC from Windows over a USB Port. I Think the best Idea would be to use a relayboard with USB connector. I googled a bit for this, but all the things I found were much too expensive (> 100$). Unfortunately I have no COM or LPT Port available (the machiene is a Laptop) so I will need USB. I'm searching for something up to 70-80 $. Can anybody recomend such a Board or has an other idea?

thanks

Andre

Reply to
Andre Stollenwerk

part numbers: N67BH USB Exp Int Board L92BL USB Exp Board Assm A85AN USB to Parallel Adtr

Also:

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindr☻me

NewLink USB to Serial 9 Way adapter - £5.95

Then set one of the handshake lines to drive a suitable relay.

Reply to
Adrian C

Hi,

thanks for the links. OK, I forgot to mention, I'm in the USA at the moment. I think shipping from the UK will be too expensive.

Do you perhaps know anything in the US?

tia

Andre

Reply to
Andre Stollenwerk

US to parallel adapters should be very widely available, even in the boondocks....

IIUC they have a chain of electronics shops called Radio Shack?

Reply to
Palindr☻me

They're ok if all you need is a cell phone, cheap chinese electronic toy, or overpriced battery. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell