Anyone flying the AK Models Christen Eagle 1.20 ARF?

Just curious. I have one NIB and am contemplating which powerplant to use. Plus, I would just like to talk about it amongst my flying buddies (you).

I have a Saito 1.25a that I know would fly it well, but not 3D. I'm not planning on doing 3D with this model anyway. I'll save that for my small planes, both electric and .46 to .53 two-stroke, .82 four-stroke size. Less expensive if I dumb thumb.

I have a Brillelli 25GT magneto engine which would probably fit inside of the cowl.

I also have a used Thunder Tiger 1.20 Pro with Pitts muffler that would do the job.

Which engine would you pick?

Any building tips from those that are familiar with this particular model? TIA

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I was just checking out CMPro ARFs at AK-Models the other day. That Christen Eagle biplane looks like a terrific airframe! Let us know what you decide on for an engine, Ed, and how your first few flights go.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

I hope it gets that far, Ed. I usually end up in analysis-paralysis and sell off stuff that gives me a headache.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger