Advice on my first biplane

I'm getting ready to take the plunge and buy my first biplane. I've decided to go with an ARF instead of a kit. I still haven't built my first kit yet and I don't think a biplane would be the easiest way to start out. The three biplane ARFs I'm choosing between are the Thunder Tiger Tiger Bipe .40, the World Models Ultimate .40, or the Model Tech SE-5a.

I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can before taking the plunge. The Tiger Bipe .40 is my first choice, but I'm not 100% certain they're available. I'm also probably going to buy a Thunder Tiger F-54S four stroke engine to power whichever bipe I end up with. I know this motor will be a good match for the Tiger Bipe or the SE-5a, but I'm not so certain about running the Ultimate .40 with the F-54S.

I'd love first-hand feedback from anybody who's flown any of these three ARFs. I'd specifically love power recommendations for the World Models Ultimate .40 from anyone who's owned one. The Tiger Bipe and the SE-5a are aerobatic, but I'm under the impression they're designed for more gentle flying than the World Models Ultimate .40 I've got this idea in my head that I'd be better off with a .70 4-stroke or a higher-end 2-stroke (TT Pro .46 or Webra Speed .50GT) for the World Models ARF.

Help me please, so I can go blow my money!

Reply to
Ed Paasch

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 01:02:53 -0600, "Ed Paasch" wrote in :

You took the words right out of my mouth. :o)

I'd go with the .70 four-stroke myself. Love that sound!

I had a GP Ultimate 40 with a Saito .91 on it. It was a lot of fun until I strained it through some trees--not the engine's fault.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ