Kits on the shelf.

It all started here years ago. There was a thread about what kits you had on the shelf. Up until this point I built, flew, crashed....built, flew,crashed ect. I had no idea that in this hobby you had plans(no pun intended) for future planes. So many fellows had so many cool kits I couldn't believe it. That's when I started collecting.

Kits in my shop: Balsa USA Phaeton II .60(came in today from eBay) CG Ultimate 10-300 .60 Midwest Aero Sport .60 Pica Mitsubishi Zero A6M .25 Bridi Killer Chaos .60 (had to have another after a re-kit) BTE Venture 60 Long John 60 TH Uproar 60 TH Uproar 40 Rookie 60 low wing Morris Hobbies Su-do-Koi 40 RC Runway Doghouse 60 Extreme GP Big Stick 40(the first I got after I started collecting) Sig Ultimate FF 40 profile bipe Paul McIntosh's Ballistick(next to be built) ARF Airborne Models Aircombat .25 (was for my son until skateboards ect.) ARF Hanger 9 CAP 232 Sport .40 ARF Modeltech Magic Extra 300L Morris Hobbies Balsa Nova .40 There's a couple Guillows somewhere.

SO, What do you have? mk

An industrious person could Google that thread and compare their list.

Reply to
MK

  • A big pile of balsa
  • A drawer full of control horns
  • Three sheets of Depron
  • Glue
  • Paint
  • Tissue, Silkspan, Monocoat
  • Paul Matt's "Historical Aviation Album" volumes I and II
  • Mendedhall's "Air Racers"
  • A 3-view of a Lockheed 12A
  • Various classic aviation picture books
  • Pencils
  • A great big roll of butcher paper.
  • Not one, but two drafting tables,
  • a drafting machine.

Now all I need are some round tuits.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Same here! Some free time and round tuits....

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

Well, lets see. I happened to do an inventory a couple of weeks ago when I noticed I couldnt locate a particular kit. Turns out that kit (Super Sportster Bipe) and another (AK Models Simple Flier) are nowhere to be found. I believe one of those types you might have seen lately on the tube draped in a mexican flag swiped it from my garage at my last apt. Pisser is that whoever did take it, wouldnt know what they had and probably dumped em in a dumpster once they opened the boxs.

What I have left:

Kadet Senior ARF Accel Models Pitts ARF partially built Sig Wonder .15 partially built Morris Hobbies Penknife partially built Tower Hobbies Kaos partially built NE Sailplanes Flash glider kit Bowmans Hobby slope Scooter kit Gremlin kit Skyfire 40 kit Tower Hobbies Kaos kit Great Planes Super Kaos kit X2 Bridi BreZee kit X2 (one of which is signed by Bridi) Bridi Killer Chaos kit X2 Bridi Utter Chaos kit Super Sportster 60 kit Super Sportster 40 kit X2 Super Sportster 40 MKII kit Super Sportster 20 kit Delta 400 electric kit Big Stik 20 kit Gas Stik 10 kit Birdie 10 kit Kaos wing kit RCM Sporster kit Airtrails Sportster kit (1939 design) Juno RC Tsunami 40 kit The Stick 40 kit Swizzle Stick kit The Stick 30 kit Klingberg Wing kit Pete 'N Poke kit BTE Venture 60 kit Aspect Aviation Reflex 25 kit " " Blitz kit " " Lil Bubba kit Direct Connection Advance kit Stickit IV kit Shrike 15 kit Hobby Lobby Miss Stick kit Clancy Stagger Bee kit Clancy Yard Bee kit Clancy Lazy Bee kit Baby Ringmaster CL kit X2 Lil Wizard CL kit X3 American Aero Supply Thunderbird 60 kit

Plans: Mud Duck Gyro Stik Das Bipe Stik Baby Kaos Super Sportster Bipe Not For Sale

Those should keep me busy for a while. Planning for my retirement!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Just a few:

- Wing Mfg. Douglas A-26 Invader

- Bud Nosen (AA Industries) 108" Citabria

- Adrian Page .60-size GeeBee R2 .

- Tower Hobbies Fun 51

- Tower Hobbies Extra Special (two of these kits)

I better start buying some kits!

Do ARFs count? ;-)

- CMP 1.40-size P40E

- Hobbico .60-size Extra 300S

- Great Planes Firebat

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

Here's another kit that will soon be a fond memory:

Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

What no spare servos. Also Tom is oldfasioned. Pencil, paper, drafting boards, instead of CAD, computer, and plotter.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Those too -- although I'm short on spare receivers.

I used to know CAD, back when it was 2D. This newfangled 3D stuff is _not_ intuitive to me. The last time I scratch-built an airplane I just blew up the 3-view and built on top of that -- no special plans. For something complex, or for publication, I might actually draw plans.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Reply to
earle

Reply to
Paul Ryan

I'm interested if you are serious...

Jim Branaum AMA 1428

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

We're not going out of business, but the Nemesis is being discontinued due to lack of sales. Everywhere we go, it generates plenty of interest... until the onlookers realize they have to build and cover the airframe. It really doesn't take that much time. People just don't want to do it. I've been building model planes for over 50 years myself, so from my perspective, these folks are missing out on a gratifying experience.

YES... you can still order a Nemesis 3D-II. We have a few in stock; we simply can't justify doing another production run.

Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

Midwest told me the same thing about the Super Stinker kit a few years ago...

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Broke down and ordered one. Will add it to my stash of kits till I can come up with a brushless for it.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Dan - Thanks for your order! You can't do much better than the brushless CDR motors like the ones we sell for the Nemesis. They weigh only 0.7 ounce, put out 10+ ounces of thrust, and cost less than 30 bucks. These will hover your Nem at half throttle on a 2S lipoly.

Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

Appears they meant it... I don't see it on their web site :-)

"Six_O'Clock_High" > to lack of sales. Everywhere we go, it generates plenty of interest...

Reply to
R.J. Roman

OK, ordered the CDR motor and mount. I think I better not read any more of your posts. Its getting costly!! Now Im gonna have to build it soon, I guess. Actually, I cant wait. I had been eying the Nemesis for some time.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Hi Dan - Great choice... thanks again! Be sure to use SoLite or similar covering. It applies like Monokote but 1/3 the weight. You'll love this bird and power setup. Should be easy to hit a finished flying weight of 5 to 5.5 ounces using SoLite, 6-gram servos, 6-gram ESC, and 4-7 gram receiver. I'm excited for you, and I've been flying my original Nemesis

3D-II for over 2 years now... with about 7 different motor setups. The one you selected is my favorite setup.

Randy Model Airplane Engineering

discontinued

Reply to
R.J. Roman

Yep, sadly Midwest meant it. I built one of those kits and it was a beautiful bird. Fantastic quality kit. I almost hated to put it together, it looked so nice in the box. Hah! I sold it to Cedar Park Hobbies in Austin when getting out of the hobby a few years ago without every having flown it. They had it hanging from their ceiling and then went out of business after moving to their new location. As far as I know, it has never been flown. I am back in now and want another one, but they are pretty tough to find. eBay or swap meets are about the only way to get one. :-( People have no idea what they are missing in building a aircraft intead of just going to the store and buying it ready made, like any other toy. They think they are modelers....I think not.

R.J. Roman wrote in news:%fY0g.3854$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

Reply to
Michael Burton

So, what happened to Cedar Park Hobbies? Is the new hobbies shop there in CP any good? mk in Hamilton tx

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers