Last flight of the year?

We enjoyed an unusually warm day for November 26th today, mid 50s and the wind wasn't too bad except for the occassional strong gust.

I got 3 flights in on the Tiger Stick. Good thing, too. Freezing rain and snow blowing in overnight into tomorrow and the forecast for next week calls for more snow and temperatures down in the teens.

Sounds like it's about time to put the after run oil to good use and put the glow planes up until spring. Most of my flying for the next few months will be on the G3 simulator, I'm afraid.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

No to gloat (but I'm gonna.. heheh) but I'll be flying pretty much all winter. Ahh, the joys of $3.00/gallon gasoline, giant mortgages and

300+ days of sunshine a year.. :)
Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Gas here is $2.25 and a decent home can still be had for $250k. Oh, and you can fly just about 360 days a year here!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Going to be 85 today here in North Texas...

But we have had a temperature at night of 32 already this year !

Reply to
CJ

Not to be a smart ass, BUT I started flying in may of 1997, and have managed to find AT LEAST one decent day to go fly every month since then. In fact, I remember one Jan 1 when the temp hit the 60's and just a gentle breeze. We had a great time flying.

I will admit that it gets a little more difficult to catch a flying day when you are limited to weekends and holidays, but I never "mothball" my planes for the winter.

YMMV bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Bob,

Naaaa...don't think you are being that : ).

Yep, I don't "mothball" mine either. Heck, I have planes that I SHOULD HAVE done that too cause they stay home mostly. Like you, I find an occasional day December through February to fly...you just have to keep your banger plane in flight ready condition : ).

CJ

Reply to
CJ

Got a GWS Pico J3 Park Flyer in car. 0 degrees F this morning (that's

-18 C for those metrically inclined), and I fully intend to pop out during lunch and sling it around the nearby park. I don't know that I'll ever seriously go back to wet engines for this very reason.

Eric Amundsen Rochester, MN

Ed Paasch wrote:

Reply to
eric_amundsen

I have electrics, glow, and gas planes, and I'm not planning to go exclusively to any one power system.

Of course, we DO get more than one day of summer here in Nebraska ;-)

bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell