Lone Star Balsa

LSB suffered a tragic fire to their facilities last November. Does anyone know when they might be back in operation? Following is their website:

Their address:

LONE STAR BALSA

115 Industrial Lancaster, TX 75134

They still have the same web page they posted after the fire.

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

Probably never! This is what a guy, who has known Riley for a long time, told me.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

Indeed. They should count themselves lucky they probably got out with the insurance money.

No one will be starting much in the way of a business for some time to come, in any sector.

Maybe a mortician. I guess that is the only growth industry right now.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

High Plains -

Why not try calling them at the phone listed on thier website ?

Reply to
rszanti

-- snip --

A friend of mine who has started a number of successful small businesses over the years insists that the best time to start a business is when the economy is down.

Why? Because you _are_ going to starve when you start up anyway. When the economy is down you are going to have an easier time finding willing employees, and you don't have to be nearly as big for vendors to find you big enough to pay attention to.

And finally, when the economy starts getting good again and all the weak-livered folks are starting competing businesses yours is established.

I've only started one, and it's a small one, but I did it right after the dot com bubble burst, and he seems to have been right.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

-------------

Good advice and true.

Oddly enough, hobby businesses that cater to hard core modelers tend to do better during economic downturns. Yeah, the RTF stuff will drop, but you couldn't compete with the large department stores anyway.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

That's because an unemployment check won't cover a trip to Hawaii, but it will buy an engine and some balsa.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Yep. You nailed it, Tim.

Ed Cregger